Chapter 216 (Part 1 & 2)

Chapter 216 We're Moving (Part 1)

They moved into the new house without taking anything from their old.

When Ye Ci discovered Zuo Xiaolan had packed their belongings, she immediately stopped her mother, "Mom, put everything back. We're not bringing any of them with us."

"Huh? Why?" Zuo Xiaolan was confused.

Bai Mo had woken up. He shook his head in disapproval when he noticed that Zuo Xiaolan had already packed their belongings, "Aunty, we can't bring these things along with us. We don't know about the people out there, and I think they know by now that we take a walk everyday, which means that they probably won't follow us during this small time window. This is the best chance for us to slip away. If you take so many things with you, it's like telling them that we're planning to run away. Wouldn't that invite trouble for us?"

"B-but... These things cost quite a lot..." despite Ye Ci's and Bai Mo's words, Zuo Xiaolan was still reluctant to part with her belongings.

"Mom, just bring whatever jewelry you have and your bank account book along. We're leaving the rest here."

"We're not even going to take a change of clothes with us?" Zuo Xiaolan caressed the luggage that she took time to pack up, and eyed her daughter carefully. She was still slightly unwilling to part with her belongings.

"I mean 'everything', mom. Do you not know what 'everything' means?" Ye Ci narrowed her eyes. By the time, Ye Nantian has returned home with breakfast, "Come, breakfast is here!" said Ye Nantian as he spotted everybody else. .

"Dad, help mom out and put whatever she packed back to their initial places. Remember, we have to act normal when we leave home. Bring nothing with you, and wear your usual clothes. We're going to move out of here." said Ye Ci as she took the packed food from her father, wheeled herself into her room, and proceeded to unplug her game card from the gaming cabin. For her, the card was the only thing that she could not afford to let go.

As expected, Ye Nantian had his own way of dealing with Zuo Xiaolan. When Ye Ci finished her breakfast, Bai Mo was already helping the couple to put everything back to where it had been originally.

It took them half an hour to finish up. When Ye Nantian, Zuo Xiaolan, and Bai Mo gathered to eat their breakfast, sweat was pouring down from their foreheads. Tears flowed out of Zuo Xiaolan's eyes as she ate her breakfast in silence.

"Why are you crying?" Ye Nantian sighed, "Moving to a new home is a good thing."

"I know, but we've been living here for so many years now. To think that I can't bring anything along with me... It's like losing part of myself. I'm devastated." sobbed Zuo Xiaolan. She knew that her daughter's words were true, but she had feelings for this house. She could see hints and traces of Ye Ci growing up in every corner of this house, and the happy days she spent with her family. However, she was forced to leave all the fond memories behind.

Ye Ci could understand the feelings of her mother She sighed, and wheeled herself next to her, speaking in a soothing tone, "Mom, don't be sad. It's just a temporary measure. We'll be back when everything's over, and you can bring anything you want along. If you want to live here, we can move back here as well"

Zuo Xiaolan sniffed and patted Ye Ci's shoulder with a smile, "I know, honey. I just hate to part with this house. Don't worry, I'll be able to handle myself when we leave."

After finishing breakfast and making sure that Zuo Xiaolan had calmed down her emotions, the family of four left home. Zuo Xiaolan was the last to step out of the house. Her hand was trembling when she shut the door, and even inserting the key into the keyhole proved to be a challenge for her. After taking a deep breath, Zuo Xiaolan was finally able to successfully lock the door.