Chapter 251 (Part 1 & 2)

Chapter 251 Quest Lock (Part 1)

Ye Ci cleared her throat in an attempt to cover up her slip of tongue, "Let's go. Just focus on gathering the ores, you don't have to care about anything else."

Blossom did not miss Ye Ci's small moment of embarrassment. He realized that the Solo King of the Eastern Continent was not the demon people portrayed her to be.

"Hurry up, the monsters will respawn soon!" shouted Ye Ci as she realized that Blossom was lagging behind.

"Alright, I'm coming!" her words snapped Blossom out of his daze.

This was perhaps Blossom's best mining experience. He did not have to worry about any dangers nor was there any players who would compete against him for ores. The only thing that he had to do was to gather whatever ores that he needed. As he busied himself with the task at hand, Blossom's thoughts wandered to Gongzi You, why would she do something like this?

As he sat by a mining spot to replenish his Stamina with bread, Blossom stole a glance at Gongzi You who was sitting nearby. She was scanning the surroundings for any signs of monsters, which she would then swiftly annihilate with her bow. A huge dinosaur with scary red eyes stood by Gongzi You's side, staring at him with an intimidating gaze. Blossom could tell that the beast was not a friendly one.

Two Dark Boars appeared behind Blossom as he was eating his bread, and Ye Ci immediately directed Ol' Four against the monsters. She acquired some common items and a 20-slot backpack from the corpses, which she traded to Blossom.

Blossom was taken aback by her gesture, "I-I don't have the money to pay for this." it was clear that he was feeling embarrassed.

"Just take it, I don't need your money." said Ye Ci, "Backpacks like this are very important for a Life Player like you."

"But... Our contract says that all the loot drops belong to you..." Blossom was an honest person who abided by the rules of the system.

Ye Ci stifled a laugh. Blossom is such an inflexible person, "Well, since this belongs to me, I can give it to whoever I want. Just keep it."

Blossom was backed to a corner by Ye Ci's words. He could no longer refuse the backpack.

Six hours passed in the blink of an eye. Blossom's face was a mask of anxiety, which was a direct contrast to Ye Ci who maintained a calm expression.

"What do you have in mind?" Ye Ci would of course notice the nervous stares from Blossom.

"I-I have only 100 gold coins." Blossom let out a long sigh as he turned around to face Gongzi You.

"I know."

"But won't it b-be a loss for y-you? You've spent such a long time escorting me in this map." Blossom took in a deep breath, finally mustering enough courage to speak out the following words, "The 100 gold coins is all that I have. I can't afford to pay you more."

Ye Ci narrowed her eyes and stared at Blossom, "You're right, I am at a loss here. I would've forgotten about it if you didn't remind me about it."

"I t-told you t-that I d-don't have anything else t-to pay you with..." Blossom's resolve crumbled in the face of Ye Ci's carefree attitude. He was an honest person, and he felt guilty for taking advantage of Gongzi You.

Blossom know that Gongzi You deserved more than what he could afford. He did not know how much she was worth, but he knew that guilds would spend hundreds of thousands of gold coins to hire Gongzi You to clear a dungeon for them. There were even times when she refused their offer. But... On this day... He hired Gongzi You for an entire day with a mere 100 coins. This was just....