Chapter 218 (Part 1 & 2)

Chapter 218 Depravity (Part 1)

"So.. You're telling me that we need to reorganize the structure of our guild?" asked Bai Mo after taking another bite of the roasted chicken.

Ye Ci shook her head, and a sly smile appeared on her face, "My dearest cousin, guild administration is not my forte. I'm merely stating my opinion. I do not run the guild, so it's probably not a good idea to ask me such a question."

Bai Mo expected Ye Ci's answer to be like that. He was not disheartened when he received her response. "Yeah, you and I both have our own responsibilities," sighed Bai Mo with a smile, "But, Ye Ci, shouldn't I make decisions when it comes to things outside the guild as a man, while you worry about things that are going on within the guild as a woman?"

"I'm not your wife. You can save this analogy for when you're married." Ye Ci rolled her eyes at Bai Mo. She would help the guild out when she was needed, but managing the guild was not her strong suit, and she would never force herself to do something that she wasn't suited for.

Using the most suitable person in the most suitable position was Ye Ci's lifelong principle. She knew that she was not suited to manage guild affairs. The process of handling every single detail and incident in the guild, no matter how serious or how trivial they were, would definitely drive Ye Ci mad.

Bai Mo laughed at Ye Ci's words, "Why do you sound so bitter?"

Ye Ci rolled her eyes at Bai Mo. She then stood up, and threw the chicken bones to the ground, "Is that so? Then there must be a jar of bitter gourd juice in your heart."

Bai Mo smiled at Ye Ci's antics, "Where are you going?"

"That Epic-tier quest of course. I guess I'll be busy with that quest in the near future." Ye Ci waved her hand dismissively, and with that, she left without even casting a glance at Bai Mo.

To Ye Ci, her recent days were overly peaceful and quiet. In truth, these days were as normal as any other day, but due to the previous incident, the peace felt very surreal.

Tan Polang would always come home during the weekends. It was however his first time returning to the new home. He was a smart and alert boy and thus, instead of heading straight home, Tan Polang traveled to random locations all around the city before finally slipping into a mall. From there, he called a cab and headed home.

He arrived home in the evening to a dining table filled with Zuo Xiaolan's dishes. The aroma of the home-cooked meal filled his heart with warmth. Tan Polang stood at the entrance of the house, taking in a few whiffs of the food's fragrance before entering his new home, "Wow! Is this our new home?" asked Tan Polang with a smile.

"Go wash your hands and come have dinner. We've been waiting for you." said Zuo Xiaolan with a smile as she came out of the kitchen with yet another dish in hand.

"Okay!"

Ye Ci sat in her wheelchair, observing the joyful interactions between her family members, and a thought began forming slowly in her mind. This happiness and warmth is something that is not easy to come by. I must protect them, no matter the cost. I will crush those who seek to destroy them.

"Sister Ye Ci, help yourself to this pig's foot to supplement your legs. I hope you get well soon." Tan Polang placed a piece of simmered pig's feet into Ye Ci's bowl, with a smile lighting up his face.

His smile was mirrored by Ye Ci.

After finishing their meal, Ye Nantian and Zuo Xiaolan cleaned up the table and logged into the game. Tan Polang, who had not logged into the game for some time, could barely contain his excitement.