Chapter 283 & 284

Chapter 283 Hero City (Part 1)

The sun was still shining high up in the sky. There was no sign that the weather was getting colder even when autumn was almost arriving.

Ye Ci rolled down the window on the passenger seat, and warm wind immediately blew onto her face. She stared at the rows of houses beyond, her thoughts unfathomable.

"Are you worrying about the game?" asked Bai Mo.

And she grunted in affirmation without looking back at him.

She was worried.

The experiences she had in her last life was very different from the life that she was living in the present. Is the Fate that I knew the same with the Fate now? Will the measures I take now be useful?

It was a big question that had been troubling Ye Ci deeply.

"Are you worrying about Golden Era?"

Ye Ci was snapped out of her thoughts. Am I really worrying about Golden Era? No. I'm worrying about my lack of ability to protect the people that I care about from the coming storm.

She was fortunate to be given a second chance, and she knew what should be the most important things in her life. She wanted to protect the things, but she was afraid. She was afraid that she might lose what she had gained once again.

"Not really." Ye Ci responded with a sigh and shook her head, "I'm just worried. I'm worrying that I can't protect mom and dad like I am now when Golden Era arrives." and she continued after a pause, "and you, Polang, and Upwards Ho! too."

Bai Mo glanced at Ye Ci, and turned his head back to the road ahead. He did not immediately speak up, but there was a smile on his face. The sunlight shone down on his slender, long fingers. It was a good sight. "Little Ci, the people you want to protect want to protect you as well." he finally spoke up after a long moment of silence, "They're not the only ones who need protection. They are also protecting you. Don't you worry about it. Golden Era is just a single guild. There are things that can't be destroyed by even the strongest of storms."

Ye Ci was momentarily stunned. She stared at Bai Mo, and was at a loss for words.

And she let out a laugh. I'm wasting my time worrying about things that are not in my control again.

Fate was already bustling with activity by the time Ye Ci logged into the game. Of course, it was not solely due to the influx of Golden Era players. The pre-existing players of Fate were very eager for the release of the new patch, where their level cap was finally raised and the Middle Continent was made available to all. They might not be able to survive in the maps infested with monsters, but they could still take a stroll in Hero City of the Middle Continent.

The Hero City was accessible by spending a few gold coins to rent a flying pet from the Flight Manager stationed beside each of the main city's Teleportation Stone. It was not a straight flight to the continent itself. Perhaps due to design by the developers to allow their players to appreciate the beauty of the world of Fate, the flight plan of these flying pets would take players across the skies of each of the maps in their home continent before finally arriving at the Middle Continent. It meant that the flight would consume a large amount of time, and of course, gold coins.

But to players who are eager to explore the new continent, the time spent in the air for nearly an entire day was a worthy price to pay. There was already a long line by the time Ye Ci made her way to the Flight Manager. Every player who were at lvl30 and had more than 2 gold coins in their pockets were queuing up in a trip to the Middle Continent.

Ye Ci wasted no time in joining the queue of thousands of players. Fortunately for the players waiting in line, the NPC was not set to deal with players one at a time. But even with its capacity of dealing with 50 players at a time, there was still a long wait ahead for players to finally be able to fly.