Chapter 205 (Part 1 & 2)

Chapter 205 This Banquet Will Not End Well (Part 1)

Liu Chang heard Yi Cang as well. She cast a glance at Yi Cang, and spoke in a leveled voice, "Wow, then I would like to thank Young Master Yi for granting us the opportunity."

Such harsh words were rare from a soft hearted person such as Liu Chang. She was apparently quite angry on this day. Perhaps, it was her pent up anger resulted from their last gathering. With Yi Cang's presence, she could no longer hold herself back.

However, Liu Chang acted at a wrong timing. The expression of Dong Yin's and Yi Cang's family members darkened, and Liu Chang's parents began glaring daggers at her.

"How could you say something like that? Quick, apologize to Yi Cang!" Liu Chang's mother immediately shouted at her.

Liu Chang was not from a wealthy family, but she had a strict upbringing. Her parents were the strictest among the four families.

With her feelings hurt by her previous encounter with Yi Cang and the anger that was currently raging within her, Liu Chang was reluctant to apologize. Besides, she did not feel that she was in the wrong -

Noticing that Ye Ci was still munching on the pork trotter throughout the entire ordeal, Zuo Xiaolan slapped the chopsticks away from her daughter's hand and glared at her, "Apologize to Uncle Dong right now! What have I taught you? Listen when the adults are speaking! Why are you still eating?"

Despite her strict tone, Ye Ci knew that Zuo Xiaolan was not at all angry at her, but was disgusted by Yi Cang's behavior. However, this did not change the fact that Ye Ci had lost face as a result.

Ye Ci creased her eyebrows and lifted her head. She shifted her cold gaze towards Yi Cang. At that moment, Yi Cang was still waiting for an apology from Liu Chang with his chin held high. Ye Ci had never realized that Yi Cang could be so obnoxious. She had the urge to splash a bowl of hot soup at his annoying face.

However, Ye Ci refrained from doing so, as she noticed that Liu Chang was ready to explode in a fit of rage. She grabbed hold of Liu Chang's hand, and faced Dong Yin's father with a fake smile, "I'm sorry, Uncle Dong. We've never been to such a high class restaurant before. We do not know the proper table manners. Please forgive us."

Ye Ci's words were like razors scraping on the faces of the parents of Yi Cang and Dong Yin. Yi Cang's parents could only stare at their son with darkened expressions, and tried their best to salvage the situation.

"Didn't Uncle Dong have something to say?" Ye Ci smiled at Dong Yin's father. She noticed that the originally jovial atmosphere has died down. She did not want to kill the atmosphere, as she was the one who caused the commotion in the first place. The adults were caught in an awkward position. They did not know what transpired between their children. They still had the impression that their children were still very close to each other. Unfortunately for them, things had changed.

Ye Nantian was the first to react. Following his daughter's lead, he attempted to lighten the atmosphere, "Yup, Old Dong, were you going to say something just now? So what did you want to tell us?"

Liu Chang's father immediately joined in on the effort, and the atmosphere once again became warm and lively.

Ye Ci leaned back against her chair and stole a glance at Liu Chang, who had her gaze lowered, appearing deep in thought. She gave Liu Chang a nudge, drawing her attention. Ye Ci spoke with a soft voice, "Don't make things too tense. We might not like them, but we have to think of the feelings of our parents."

Liu Chang sneered coldly and stood up. "Uncle Dong, uncles, aunties, I'm going to the toilet, please excuse me." said Liu Chang to Dong Yin's father who has not begun his speech yet and left the room.