Chapter 258

Chapter 258 Alaunar (Part 1)

Is he going to place another curse on me? Ye Ci grimaced, What sort of curse will it be this time?

The light disappeared after a few seconds, followed by a system notification: "You've learned the Doluo language."

As expected of a game! I learnt a new language just like that! Why can't I do that in real life? Ye Ci was not very gifted when it came to languages. The only language she could speak other than Mandarin was bits and pieces of English. She was forever envious of the characters in-game that could learn a language in the blink of an eye.

"Alright, Elf, you can talk to Barik for the purchase of a harp. If there's something else you need from me, I'll be in the grand hall." Dalufar handed Ye Ci over to the middle-aged individual and left the tent.

Ye Ci bowed at Dalufar as he left. After all, she was in the territory of someone else, and paying respect to their leader was the right thing to do.

Barik was apparently satisfied with Ye Ci's display of courtesy, "So, are you here to buy a harp, Elf?" he smiled at Ye Ci.

"Yes, Mr. Barik." Ye Ci nodded as her eyes swept over the musical instruments hanging on the wall behind Barik. They were all masterfully crafted pieces of high quality.

"Very well. Everything here is up for sale." said Barik as he initiated a trade with Ye Ci. The wide selection of musical instruments in his inventory was dazzling for Ye Ci. She found herself unable to make a choice.

Barik noticed Ye Ci's expression and asked with a smile, "You seem to have trouble choosing a musical instrument. I happen to be very good at something like this. Why don't you tell me what you need? I might be able to help you out."

Ye Ci nodded when she saw the sincere expression on Barik's face, "Mr. Barik, I'm here to buy a harp for a Mermaid, but there's so many of them here. Do you have any suggestions for me?"

Barik tilted his head, "Does she have a blue tail, blond hair, and speaks in a weird fashion?"

Ye Ci immediately nodded. It was apparent that the Mermaid was well known even among the Doluo tribe."

"Ahh.. Her name's Lia. She's an old customer of ours." said Barik with a smile, "She tend to break her harp. But lucky enough for us, Lia has never blamed us for the mishap that happened to her musical instruments. We will be troubled if she accuses us of producing harps with inferior quality." said Barik as he tapped on the trade window and pointed at a golden harp on the last page, "This is the one Lia had always bought. So you can just buy this from me and hand it over to her."

Ye Ci noticed that the harp was just like the one she saw in Lia's hand. She stole a glance at the amount of gold in her inventory, and made the conclusion that she would be able to afford the harp, "Okay then, Mr. Barik. How much does this cost? I'll take it."

"This does not come cheap. It'll cost you 20 pieces of Ancient Emerald Ore."

The smile remained on Barik's face, but Ye Ci's expression was morphed into a frown, "What did you say? 20 pieces of what?"

"Ancient Emerald Ore." Barik nodded.

"You don't deal with money?" Ye Ci blinked.

"What sort of money?"

"This." said Ye Ci as she produced a gold coin from her pocket and placed it on Barik's palm.

Barik stared at the gold coin, and even nipped it in his mouth before returning the coin to Ye Ci, "What is this? What is it for?"