Chapter 224

Chapter 224 Mithril

When Ye Ci logged off it was still too early for dinner, so she took the opportunity to take a shower as Bai Mo was still logged into the game. Bai Mo was already waiting for her in the living room by the time she was done with her shower. Ye Nan Tian and Zuo Xiaolan were still online, probably still thinking about how they could recoup some costs.

Ye Ci sat down next to Bai Mo and started drying her hair. She snuck a peek at Bai Mo; his face was very serene. It was so serene that one was unable to tell what he was thinking. Not a word was spoken, as they sat there in silence, accompanied by the background noise from the TV. This created a somewhat strange atmosphere between the two.

Bai Mo spoke up after a long silence, "Was the result exactly as we expected?"

"Yes, and.." Ye Ci hesitated, her voice ultimately fading into nothingness.

"Thousand Sunsets is also involved in this." Bai Mo laughed. He had already predicted this would happen. It was not possible that a girl who was so powerless and broke had the ability to cover up a fight to the point where even Bai Zixuan could not find out anything.

"You seem to have expected this." Ye Ci did not find Bai Mo's ability to predict what was going to happen strange at all. Bai Mo's father was an official in a neighboring city. His position wasn't insignificant and had been rising steadily Ever since Bai Mo's youth, it could be said that Bai Mo had grown up surrounded by the children of other officials.

Ye Ci knew that Bai Mo had a past she knew very little of. She similarly had a past that Bai Mo did not know of either. When they're together, they are just siblings, but when apart, only they themselves know, what sort of demons they are.

She could tell that someone with Bai Mo's background would definitely not be a coddled boy that had not experienced the world. Ye Ci did not know the other side of Bai Mo, nor did she want to know.

The only thing she needed to know was that Bai Mo treated her well, and that was all.

"Green Hill's Moon told me a very dull story, do you want to hear it?" Ye Ci gently combed through her hair using her fingers, with a light smile on her face, "the end is stereotypical but the process is very dramatic."

"Well, spit it out. I'm bored," said Bai Mo as he took out a packet of cigarettes, and began lighting one up with practiced movements.. Although he and Ye Ci had lived together for such a long time, Ye Ci had hardly ever seen Bai Mo smoke, but seeing his practiced motions however, suggested otherwise.

The corners of her lips were raised slightly, and she proceeded to tell Green Moon Hill's long boring story to Bai Mo. He did not say a word from beginning to end, merely listened intently. After she finished recounting the story, he laughed, "no wonder you said it was boring. This story is indeed very bland." Saying so, he pursed his lips, "I see why my dad couldn't do anything about it. It looks like being here in person is better than district magistrate for this case."

"What do you want to do?" Ye Ci suddenly asked.

Bai Mo shook his head, "You don't have to worry about it." Some things were better off not letting her know.

Ye Ci saw how reluctant Bai Mo was to tell her, so she did not pry any further, only passing on the words of warning from Green Moon Hill, "Thousand Sunset's family background is not minor, and it's no longer just a matter of money. With our current abilities, it might be hard to deal with him, and Dong Yin's family is currently rebuilding their empire. You must consider carefully..."

Bai Mo waved his hand, signaling that he did not want to continue this conversation. Thus, Ye Ci did not let a single word slip past her lips regarding the topic.