Chapter 235

Chapter 235 Exploring Vo'sok

"There's a Machine Trap 27 degrees to your left with the radius of 7 yards, go around it." Fleeting Time advanced carefully while relaying vital information to Ye Ci, who was following after him.

With Fleeting Time's instructions, Ye Ci was able to avoid the trap.

"There's another one 15 degrees to your left with a 10 yards radius. There's also a trap with a 10 yards radius 17 degrees to your right. You can avoid those traps by going between them, but you have to be careful, the soil is loose and you risk triggering the trap." Fleeting Time was able to analyze the situation clearly and relayed it to Ye Ci as he scouted ahead.

Even if Fleeting Time was a Western Continent player, Ye Ci had no choice but to trust the man unconditionally due to their circumstances. It was not an easy task, but after spending four hours with Fleeting Time, Ye Ci realized that it was not hard to work with the man. He was a nuisance to her most of the time, but he was a trustworthy teammate in exploring a dungeon.

"There's a mechanical dog in front of us. Let's wait until it passes." the duo encountered a mechanical dog right when they entered Vo'sok after traversing through roads that were filled with traps.

After untold years of wear and tear, the dog's metal body was covered with rust, and every movement made by the mechanical dog was accompanied by the shrill sound of grinding metal parts. However, the red glow in the dog's eyes was a sign that it still retained its function.

Goblin Engineering was superior to the Engineering techniques that could be learned by players. It was rare for players to be able to produce machines that could simulate living animals. Of course, creating machines such as mechanical dogs and machines in humanoid form was impossible for players. Despite its appearance, the mechanical dog was as nimble as a regular hound. It roamed the streets in an irregular pattern, occasionally sniffing the scent in the air. Ye Ci might have mistaken the mechanical dog for a real dog if not for the metallic noises being released as a result of lack of maintenance.

The name of the dog was not red in color, but yellow instead. This meant that the mechanical dog was neutral, and would not attack Ye Ci and Fleeting Time unless it was attacked first.

However, humans would always overlook tiny details due to what they perceive as common sense, and therefore met with unexpected failures. When Ye Ci and Fleeting Time walked past the mechanical dog, thinking that it was a mere neutral monster, the dog pounced on the duo.

The dog's attack posed not much of the threat to Ye Ci and Fleeting Time, but it's sharp and loud bark attracted the attention of the Goblins and other mechanical dogs that were in the vicinity.

"God damnit! So these dogs are the trigger for those neutral monsters!" Ye Ci gritted her teeth. The mechanical dog was able to get within 8 yards of the duo with its high speed, which meant that Ye Ci and Fleeting Time were unable to engage their foes with ranged attacks. They were forced to summon their pets in an attempt to defeat the mechanical dog.

When the mechanical dog had only 10% of its HP left, Ye Ci backed away and dashed at the direction of the incoming enemies, planting Frost and Icy traps in their path. Fleeting Time was able to take out the mechanical dog with the help of Ol' Four and Little Five by the time Ye Ci was done setting up the traps. The advancing Goblins and mechanical dogs were frozen solid when they stepped on Ye Ci's traps.

Fleeting Time was already on the move before his foes were even frozen. He cast Hunter's Mark on one of the enemies, marking it as the target of the duo. As Ye Ci attracted the aggro of the marked Goblin, Fleeting Time charged ahead and placed his traps as well.