Chapter 207 (Part 1 & 2)

Chapter 207 What a Troublesome Dilemma

Ye Ci was momentarily stunned. It seemed that she underestimated Thousand Sunsets. She thought that her action of supporting Unbridled Willow would definitely topple Thousand Sunsets from his seat of power. She was still too green compared to the Old Master. Ye Ci grimaced at the thought. I'm still too naive.

She looked at Green Hill's Moon and sighed. She wanted to speak her mind, but decided against it.

"I know there's something that you wish to say." as a private investigator, Green Hill's Moon was an expert when it came to human psychology. He knew that Ye Ci had a question for him just by studying her expression.

"So what am I going to say?" Ye Ci smiled at Green Hill's Moon. Funny, this guy is smart, will he be able to guess it correctly?

"You're going to ask about Leftie and Gleaming Sunshine." Green Hill's Moon was always correct when he made an assumptions.

Ye Ci frowned.. Even if she admired Green Hill's Moon's intellect, she was still slightly uncomfortable when somebody was able to guess her thoughts so easily.

"Don't be angry. I've never mentioned this to anyone. You should trust my work ethics. Besides, I'm a man with a conscience. You've shown me kindness in my most desperate moment, I will never do something that will cause you harm." said Green Hill's Moon who noticed Ye Ci's frown.

Ye Ci slowly relaxed her eyebrows, but the scowl remained on her face. She continued staring silently at Green Hill's Moon.

Green Hill's Moon pursed his lips and continued, "They're not as lucky as Thousand Sunsets. They've lost all their investments. Hell, none of them even came online. I bet their families are in a complete mess right now. If I'm not mistaken, Gleaming Sunshine's family will soon declare bankruptcy, and Leftie's family is not doing any better. Don't worry about it. Just think of it as a side story. Their condition is not within the scope of my job, so I will not dig up any more information about them."

Ye Ci was dumbfounded. She knew that the two families had invested quite a fortune into the game, but she did not expect them to go all out. Both Dong Yin's and Yi Cang's fathers were rational men. They would never take such a huge risk without reason. So what caused them to entrust all their money to Thousand Sunsets?

Although Ye Ci could not fathom the reason behind their actions, it no longer mattered to her at this point.

After all, it was not her intention to hurt them, but they had to pay for the choice they made.

"Will they be able to recover from this?" Ye Ci raised her head and looked at Green Hill's Moon after a long moment of silence.

A faint smile appeared on Green Hill's Moon's lips. His smile was beautiful under the sun, "Who knows? Nobody can predict the future."

Ye Ci shared the same sentiment as well, "You're right. Nothing is certain in this world. Nobody knows what will happen tomorrow."

When he was almost done with his meal, Green Hill's Moon stood up and stretched himself, "I'll give you another piece of information for free."

"What is it?"

"Thousand Sunsets is selling some of his shares of Steel-Blooded Battle Spear. If you have the money to spare, perhaps you can consider to try buying some." Green Hill's Moon chuckled, "To be frank with you, I've bought a few shares just for the fun." he then turned towards the doorway, "If you're going to make a move against him, I hope you can let me know. I don't want to lose money."

Ye Ci stared silently at Green Hill's moon, and shifted her gaze the the scenery outside the window.

Has everything finally ended?