Chapter 203 (Part 1 & 2)

Chapter 203 Ye Ci's Troubles

Ye Ci could feel the black, cursed aura around her thickening.

The black aura surrounding her was so dark that it painted the entire dungeon black.

Despite achieving First Blood in a 100-player dungeon, there was not a single piece of Hunter equipment among the loot dropped by the boss. Yes, there was not a single one.

Not. A. Single. One.

There were nine Hunters in the party including Ye Ci, and all of them were dumbfounded. Ideal Height 1.7m let out a sigh as the other Hunters began drawing circles while crouching in a corner and cursed Ye Ci for bringing them bad luck.

Ye Ci stood behind them and cleared her throat. She then chuckled as she attempted to console her fellow Hunters, "Uhh... You know... The future is bright and our path ahead is beautiful. We will have more skill books and equipment in the coming days. I swear that I'll give the priority to you guys when we get any Hunter equipment. How does that sound?"

Naturally Cute let out a sigh, "The problem is... They might not even drop..."

The seven other Hunters remained silent, but they nodded in agreement to Naturally Cute's words. Ye Ci could feel the pressure. I did not ask for this... I did not ask for this...

Let Go Of That Girl walked up to Ye Ci and waved the pair of gauntlets he had just obtained in front of her, "Gongzi, I think you can drink some of those Balm of Blessings of yours. I've heard that you got quite a lot of them during the Dragon Dance Competition."

Fruit Jelly joined in on the fun as well, "Yup! Gongzi, we really feel sorry for your bad luck! We've all worked hard for the loots! You know how bad we will feel for you, if your bad luck continues?"

Ye Ci turned around and snorted when she saw the brand new staff held by Fruit Jelly, "Judging from your expression, I highly doubt that."

Fruit Jelly chuckled, ignoring Ye Ci's darkened expression, "Seriously, you should go to the Royal Monastery often and talk to the Archbishop. Go have a dip in the holy water fountain as well! I'm sure your luck will improve as well!"

Ye Ci's expression darkened further.

She stared at Fruit Jelly with a blank expression and spoke calmly, "Do you want me to assign the looting permission to myself during our next expedition?"

The entire party was stunned silent. They stared at Ye Ci with mouth agape. This improved Ye Ci's mood greatly.

That'll teach them for making fun of me!

Ye Ci did not stay long in the dungeon. She returned to Red Lake City after giving instructions to the guild officers to gather in the Guild Conference Room after distributing the loot.

Ol' Four's mood was sour after his death in the dungeon. With her stock of roasted meat running out, Ye Ci bought a huge load of meat from one of the taverns as a treat for him before heading up to the nearest mailbox.

Ye Ci's mailbox was always clean, as opening mails was one of her favorite pastimes. It made her feel wanted. There was only one mail in her mailbox. It was from Unbridled Willow.

There was only a short message in the mail, "Kindly accept this down payment." with 55 million gold coins attached. She accepted the money and headed straight to her guild encampment.

She entered the Guild Conference Room after reaching her destination.. The officers had already arrived, with faces glowing from excitement.. They were still reminiscing the moment when they defeated the boss, and did not even notice Ye Ci's presence, even after she entered and took a seat. Ye Ci had to clear her throat to gain their attention.