Chapter 250

Chapter 250 Blossom

Ye Ci logged out from the game after giving some brief instructions on some trivial matters. She needed rest before she followed up on the progress of the Mithril ore vein.

It was four in the afternoon when Ye Ci went offline. Her house was empty. Her parents were not home while Tan Polang was still at school. A note left behind by Ye Ci's parents indicated that Bai Mo was coming home, and one of her parents went to fetch him home from the station while the other was out shopping for cooking ingredients.

Ye Ci decided that there was no need to contact her parents after learning of their whereabouts. She had not been offline for days, and the only thing in her mind was to get a nice, warm shower.

The tub full of warm water relaxed Ye Ci's muscles as immersed herself into the bath, enjoying the rare moment of tranquility.

Her parents were back with Bai Mo by the time she was done with her bath.

Bai Mo took in a deep breath and nodded with an exaggerated expression when Ye Ci walked out of the bathroom, "Ah, I've already prepared myself for an overwhelming stench, but it seems that you've decided to take a bath. How thoughtful of you."

Ye Ci rolled her eyes at Bai Mo and went into her room to get changed.

As Ye Nantian and Zuo Xiaolan busied themselves in the kitchen, Ye Ci began recounting her exploits and the situation in the Southern Continent to Bai Mo.

Bai Mo's eyebrows furrowed when he heard Ye Ci's words, "The impending arrival of Golden Era sure is kicking up a ruckus! The Black Plum Family would never have resorted to such measures otherwise even if they are in conflict with the Isle of Heroes, and they will definitely not get us involved in this!"

"In the end, we're just a small guild. This is why I've made the decision to expand our guild. We can still expand even when we value quantity over quality." said Ye Ci as she stuffed her mouth full of watermelons."

Bai Mo spoke up after a long pause, "We need money if we are to expand our guild. Are you going to look for a sponsor?"

"Nope. I don't have the connections. Besides, we'll lose our autonomy if we're funded by large corporations. We'll become nothing but money-making tools for them. There's no way our guild will be able to grow to the scale of Golden Era which is offering its services as a hired gun, so we might as well earn money through the game."

"And how are we going to do that?"

"Mithril. Of course, we don't have a lot of blueprints and recipes for Mithril products, and the option of selling them as materials is not exactly profitable. This is why I plan to acquire some blueprints in the near future. And then there's the notion of war profiteering. Why do you think the American economy bloomed after World War 2?"

"War Profiteering?" Bai Mo was stunned for a brief moment. But he immediately understood Ye Ci's words when he thought of the conflict between the Black Plum Family and the Isle of Heroes, "It's not a bad idea, but a Goblin Engineering player is hard to come by. There's not many of them who are at Medium tier right now, not to mention the Master tier. I don't think we can gain much from this in the near future."

Ye Ci smiled at Bai Mo, "Leave it to me, I've got this." and she proceeded to give Bai Mo a quick briefing of what she was told by Timely Rain.

It was apparent that Bai Mo was very interested in Sodom as well, "How did you discover that city?"

"Remember that time we were invaded by the Western Continent? Didn't I arrive in Champion City by kite? I saw that city on my way there. It was way larger than the capital, but the sky above it was filled with dark clouds that hide some sort of high-leveled buildings that I could not identify well. From what I've read in the National Library, the city is the biggest city in the Eastern Continent before Champion City was even a thing, but it fell into ruins." said Ye Ci. Of course, what she said was half the truth, but she was not worried that Bai Mo would doubt her words.