Chapter 222 (Part 1 & 2)

Chapter 222 What a Shitty Decision (Part 1)

Engaging an opponent like Fleeting Time in combat was very taxing to one's physical and mental strength. After two short minutes of fighting, both of the combatants were exhausted. Fleeting Time was panting slightly, while Ye Ci, with a slight disadvantage due to her female character, could even feel fatigue on her limbs.

Despite that, Ye Ci refused to give up.

They were within 8 yards of each other. In such a range, a Hunter's bow or crossbow would be rendered useless, and melee weapon would be the Hunter's only option to engage the enemy. Ye Ci tried her best to keep Fleeting Time 8 yards away. Without the skill 'Backwards Leap' employed by Fleeting Time earlier on, Ye Ci could only maneuver under her own power.

However, Fleeting Time began closing in on her.

In Fate, a character that was moving forward would always have a faster speed than a character that was going in reverse. No matter how hard Ye Ci tried to shake Fleeting Time off, he was able to follow her movements. "What are you doing?" Ye Ci creased her eyebrows.

A smile appeared on Fleeting Time's lips. Truth to be told, Gongzi You was not a very pretty girl. One might even say that her expression was stiff most of the time. However, she could be very intimidating when she was angry. For reasons unknown, Fleeting Time enjoyed looking at that expression.

"Aiya, shooting arrows at each other could be quite boring sometimes. Why don't we fight at melee range?" Fleeting Time offered Ye Ci a suggestion.

He knew that his proposal would anger Gongzi You. After all, she was not a person who would do something as senseless as that.

As expected, Gongzi You erupted into a fit of anger, "Fleeting Time, are you crazy? Why would you engage me in a melee combat when you know that our class excels at range combat?"

"Well, isn't this more fun?" Fleeting Time ignored the anger he was already expecting from Ye Ci, and drew his short sword, stabbing it at Ye Ci.

Ye Ci dodged the attack reflexively, and drew her own sword to parry yet another blow from Fleeting Time.

The weapons met in midair with a loud "clang!". Fleeting Time did not hold back against Ye Ci, who was also putting her entire strength into the swing of her weapon. Ye Ci's hand went numb with the force of the impact.

In Fate, the stats of the character in Fate would automatically be distributed according to the character's class when players leveled up. In other words, when players from the same class with the same level would have similar base stats. The differences in their combat strength would be determined by their equipment and mechanical skills.

There was not much of a gap between the combat capabilities of Ye Ci and Fleeting Time. They share the same class and level. The difference in their equipment was not significant as well due to their character's level. The only differences laid in their gender, and the stats of their weapons and jewelries.

A female character suffered from an inferior strength, but a male character would have more trouble in sustaining a prolonged battle. Both of the characters did not have an absolute advantage over one another.

Both of the combatants shoved with all their might, but neither of them was able to push each other back. Ye Ci narrowed her eyes. She would never allow the pace of the battle to slow down. She cast "Leg Trip" at Fleeting Time in an attempt to throw his balance off.

However, Fleeting Time was able to avoid Ye Ci's move. In his attempt to avoid Ye Ci's Leg Trip, Fleeting Time's grip on his sword faltered slightly, and Ye Ci seized the opportunity to force his sword away. She them stabbed at Fleeting Time, aiming at his vitals.