Chapter 337 & 338

Chapter 337 Dominoes

The appearance of the canyon, and the collapsing of the wall happened so suddenly that the party and even Ye Ci were caught off guard. She was expecting a boss to appear after the chess match was concluded, and the party would have to defeat the boss to obtain a quest item that would allow them to continue exploring the dungeon.

She did not expect things to be straightforward, and that the path to the next stage of the dungeon would just show itself so abruptly.

The party looked down, and could feel wind blowing upwards from the bottom of the canyon. It was not entirely dark. And from the dim lighting down below, the party could see a square shaped structure at the bottom at the canyon.

"Are we going down there?" the Cleric visibly gulped.

"I think we are." the Berserker beside him chuckled.

"You've gotta be kidding me..." the Cleric wailed in anguish.

"What/s wrong?" asked Ye Ci.

The Priest chuckled at Ye Ci, "Gongzi, he's afraid of height. Looking down from such a high place will make him dizzy."

Ye Ci was baffled. Am I hearing this right? He's scared of heights? Aren't we in the game? His fear of heights translated into the game as well? "Is it bad?" she asked when she noticed the Cleric's pale face.

"It is. Whenever the second squadron explores a dungeon with some form of gorge, ravine or gulch, he would ask someone to either cast Featherfall on him or to carry him down." the Warrior sighed.

Ye Ci felt sympathy for the Cleric. It's not easy to have such a serious condition of acrophobia.

"The ravine is too deep... How am I supposed to get down there?" cried the Cleric again.

"I'll carry you." the Warrior smiled, and pulled a rope out of his inventory. He tied one end of the rope to a firm spot, and threw the other end down the ravine. "Why are you not a beautiful young lady... Why must I carry a man like you on my back?" he waved his hand at the Cleric.

And the Cleric immediately shot him a glare, "I'll remember this."

They were from the same squadron, and had a friendly relationship for a long time. Despite the Cleric's apparent anger, the entire party laughed.

This is how a party should be like. Thought Ye Ci as she observed their interaction. Just then, a system notification rang out in their ears, announcing the imminent collapse of the Central Control Room. The party had only two minutes to escape the Central Control Room to the bottom of the ravine.

The party was then prompted to finish their preparations. It was apparent that a countdown would be initiated once someone descended the ravine.

"F*ck! Not again! I've never hated countdowns so much in my life." the Berserker cursed under his breath.

"Two minutes?" the Warrior's eyebrows furrowed. Anxiety was stricken all over his face.

"What is it?" asked Ye Ci.

"I don't think I can reach the bottom of the ravine in two minutes if I have to carry the Cleric. This is the first time I have to carry him to a place that deep. It might affect my speed by a lot..."

It was a problem that was very hard to address, especially under the constant pestering from the system for the players to descend as soon as possible.

Ye Ci looked down the ravine and was able to have a rough estimation of its height. She did a mental calculation of her own Strength and Agility, and said to the party, "Go on ahead. I'll carry him with me. See you at the bottom."