Chapter 242

Chapter 242 Taking A Rest

It was obvious that the Goblin Robots in the depths of the Goblin Palace were superior to the robots stationed at the entrance of the palace. They were more resilience to attacks and could deal more damage while having more abilities. Fortunately for the duo, the machines acted as independent units instead of utilizing horde attacks. With the aid of Ol' Four and her captured machines, Ye Ci was able to defeat her foes with relative ease. Despite their individual strength, the Elite Robots could not stand up against the on slought of so many attackers.

Whenever an Elite Robot was defeated, Ye Ci would then insert a power core into the fallen machine. Ye Ci was able to replace every single robot in her party with an Elite Robot within the span of half an hour.

With her party bolstered with Elite Robots, Ye Ci's journey forward was made easier. She was able to clear away all opposition that was encountered along the way. As a lvl60 player, Ye Ci was not able to benefit from the experience points of slaying the enemies within the palace. Her screen, however, was filled with prestige points whenever a foe was slain.

Vo'sok Prestige.

Ye Ci noticed that her Prestige with Vo'sok grew whenever she slew a foe in the map. A Goblin would offer 1 to 2 points upon its death, and a robot would yield 3 points, while her points would increase by 4 whenever an Orc or an Undead was slain. She did not know how Prestige with Vo'sok would benefit her, but she knew that gaining Prestige with any faction was definitely something good.

She sat on the ground and began replenishing her status after all her enemies had been converted into loot drops and Prestige points.

"How are things on your side?"

"I've defeated all the robots over here. How about you?"

The duo maintained constant communication after their separation. Coordination was very essential in the dungeon that was full of hidden mechanisms, and the slightest mistake made by either party might lead to disaster.

"I'm done with my side as well, but I need to take a left turn up front." replied Fleeting Time. The duo would constantly describe their surroundings to each other, "I'm facing the north with the corner to my left. Do you see anything on your end?"

Ye Ci immediately faced north as well after listening to Fleeting Time's words, "The path ahead of me leads to a corner turn as well, but to the right."

"Let's keep moving. Be careful and remain in constant contact with me. Don't push yourself too hard if you run into trouble." replied Fleeting Time after a brief moment of thought.

"You too." replied Ye Ci who was nearly done with replenishing her Stamina. She remain in constant communication as she continued to press on deeper down the corridor.

The machines that Ye Ci encountered after that were no longer humanoid in shape. Her foes were mechanical spiders that spewed special web that could root their enemies in place for 8 seconds. Whenever a target was rooted by a mechanical spiders, smaller spiders would then be deployed to deal damage on the rooted target. Ye Ci had to go to great lengths to avoid getting hit by the spiders' web in combat.

It was a relatively simple task for Ye CI. As long as she was careful, any misfortune could easily be avoided. The same could not be said for Ol' Four and the Elite Robots that were under Ye Ci's control. Due to their sheer numbers, Ye Ci's entourage of Elite Robots were easy prey for the spiders' web. Once the Elite Robots were rooted, they were immediately swarmed by the smaller spiders.

The smaller spiders were not notorious because of their attack damage, but because of their ability to self destruct. A single small spider could deal damage equivalent to 10% of the health of a single Elite Robot, and 10 of them would be able to instantly destroy the robot.