Chapter 213 (Part 1 & 2)

Chapter 213 The Search For Bella (Part 1)

"I really want to know how you turn into Fa'tar. Even someone like me who have known him for so many years did not see the difference." asked Andrei after wolfing down the horse meat. He was way more energetic than before, and when a person was energetic, he or she would do a lot of things. With Andrei as an example, the thing that he wanted to do most was to talk to someone. It was probably due to the fact that he had been held in captivity for a very long time, and once he was in safety and was able to relax, Andrei started opening up to the next best person. He did not even care if the person was a good choice to have a chat with. He wanted to talk to someone, and had never kept his mouth shut since then.

Ye Ci pursed her lips. It was a question she did not want to answer. Ye Ci was reluctant to let anyone in on the secret, and Andrei, of course, was not an exception. However, she could not afford to treat the NPC who was the key to completing her quest rudely.

After a short moment of silence, Ye Ci smiled at Andrei, "I've told you that I'm a merchant, and every merchant has his or her own secrets. If I tell you my secret, how will I be able to make a living?"

"Is that so..." although he was unable to learn Ye Ci's secret, Andrei was not disappointed. He nodded at Ye Ci, appearing to be deep in thought.

"Andrei, I believe that you're someone who can do big things, and someone who can do big things will not be so obsessive about the minor insignificant details. Since that is the case, why not let it remain a secret?" Ye Ci spoke up slowly, with a tone full of pride and dignity, "This is a secret, and I hope that we can keep it that way."

"It's not such a big deal! Why can't you just tell me?" Andrei was apparently not an NPC with a high level of intelligence. He was unable to grasp the meaning behind Ye Ci's words.

Ye Ci sighed inwardly. This was why she hated to deal with idiots. People like Green Hill's Moon or Zero Arsenic would definitely understand her meaning right away. She was forced to be even more direct with Andrei.

"If that's the case, I'm sure you don't mind the world to know about how you're so weak that you can't even walk in the Red Lake City prison, and what a weakling you are, am I right?" Ye Ci did not even spare a glance at Andrei. She continued munching on the roasted horse meat with gentleness and elegance, as if she was a well-mannered noble.

Andrei's face immediately paled. A NPC as arrogant as Andrei had a weakness. They were afraid that their moment of weakness was exposed. It was a news that Andrei could never allow Ye Ci to spread.

He shook his head and waved his hands, "No no no! You can't tell anybody about such an embarrassing thing!"

"Like I said, I'm a merchant." Ye Ci looked at Andrei with narrowed eyes, "Why don't we make a deal?"

"What deal?" Andrei could feel that the female Elf was not a kind person, and was very cunning as well. However, Andrei's feeling did not translate into his thoughts as his attention was already focused on Ye Ci's proposal.

Ye Ci stared at Andrei silently. She has given him a lot of hints. If he was still unable to grasp her meaning, the Andrei was truly an idiot.

Fortunately for Ye Ci, Andrei was not a total idiot despite his lower IQ. He was initially confused when the Elf stared at him. Is there something on my face? He was then hit by a sudden realization when he relate the things spoken by the Elf together, "Ahh... I get it! You're saying that if I keep the process of how you rescued me from the prison a secret, you won't tell anyone about my condition in the prison, am I right? That's what you were talking about, am I right?"