Chapter 243

Chapter 243 De'frei Spotted

"Say, isn't this supposed to be a job for Fleeting Time? Why did you not call him over?" complained Silent Hymn as he sat beside Absalom a took a sip of water. He had just receive yet more troublesome quests from the Black Iron Dwarves.

"Who will be keeping an eye on Gongzi You then?" yawned Absalom. He was already very tired, and was missing his soft bed dearly.

"She's just one person! What can she do?" Silent Hymn was sceptical to the explanation offered by Absalom, "It must be Fleeting Time isn't it?"

"Shh... Don't say it out loud. I'll feel sad. I've been like brothers with him for so many years, but I have not noticed that he's a person who would place his lover over friendship. I'm starting to doubt my ability to judge characters." chuckled Absalom.

Silent Hymn let out a laugh as well. He was not placing the blame on Fleeting Time, but the man was in dead more well-read than he was when it came to the books in the National Library. This meant that Silent Hymn's progress was significantly slower. If Fleeting Time was the one who was in charge of completing the quest, he might even be able to complete it in a single day. A yawn escaped Silent Hymn's mouth as he leaned against a wooden crate. Before he could drift into sleep, a thought flashed across his mind, "By the way, White Fairytale seems to be trying to woo Fleeting Time, am I right?"

"What do you mean by 'seems to be'? It's already a widely known fact! The spirit of gossiping is weak within you." Absalom rolled his eyes at Silent Hymn as a sign of disdain.

Silent Hymn paid no heed to Absalom, "I've never cared about baseless rumors like that," and he continued after a slight pause, "So Fleeting Time had really taken a fancy to Gongzi You?"

"I guess so." Absalom sniffed, "If he can seduce Gongzi You into joining the Western Continent, I'll be rich!"

It was Silent Hymn's turn to roll his eyes at Absalom, "Say, there's something that just came into my mind."

"What is it?"

"How do you think White Fairytale will react when she finds out about this?"

"Who knows?" Absalom was apparently not interested in the love life woman like White Fairytale, "I think you should talk to Sour Apple about this. I know nothing about this."

"I'm not interested in White Fairytale's love life, but I think that she can be quite extreme at time. She's a person who is quite disconnected from reality. I understand that not everybody in this world is perfect, but I'm quite nervous about this." Silent Hymn knew that Absalom had never thought about such an eventuality.

"Why is that?" Absalom finally caught on to the meaning behind Silent Hymn's words, and the fatigue immediately left his body, "You mean to say that..."

"If memory serves, Sour Apple once said that White Fairytale has loved Fleeting Time for 13 years, but her love was never reciprocated by Fleeting Time. Her strong desires that went unquenched will definitely make her irrational. Once she finds out that Fleeting Time likes Gongzi You..."

Absalom furrowed his eyebrows, "You're saying that..."

He received a nod from Silent Hymn, "And don't forget that she's a member of our main force. Even if she's not an officer of her guild, I'm pretty sure that she knows a lot of our guild's secret because of her close relationship with Sour Apple. It would be best if she's able to accept it as it was. It'll be the best outcome both for Fleeting Time and herself. But... What if she loses all sense of rationality? What if she decides to exact revenge on Fleeting Time?"

"Even when Genesis is the largest guild in the Western Continent, it does not mean that our position is firm. Besides, Golden Era is coming soon. It'll be hard times for us if they decide to come to the Western Continent." Silent Hymn had always been zealously cautious. According to the words of Fleeting Time, he was a pessimist who would always expect the worst outcome in things.