Chapter 248

Chapter 248 Cooperation

Although it was not difficult to return to the Eastern Continent from the Southern Continent, it did take quite some time. Just as Ye Ci was going around the cities on the Southern Continent, she received a message from an acquaintance.

It's Fluttering Red Feather! He would never talk to someone unless he has an ulterior motive. Besides, that guy has been avoiding me like the plague ever since that incident in the dungeon. I've always been the one to initiate a things between us, so why is he looking for me on his own according?

"Oh look! It's Fluttering Red Feather! Why are you contacting me all of a sudden? Has the sun risen from the west?!" Ye Ci could not resist the urge to tease the man when she answered his call.

Fluttering Red Feather was flustered, "I've been trying to contact you for several days but you're out of reach. This is why I contacted immediately when I received the notification that you're in the Southern Continent."

"You need something from me?" Ye Ci refused to believe that Fluttering Red Feather would contact her at a time like this for the sake of small talks. Although they were relatively close, their relationship was one between two business person. There was no way Fluttering Red Feather would contact her if the matter was not urgent.

"Yeah." Fluttering Red Feather did not beat around the bush, "I heard that one of the Engineering players in your guild are capable of producing Mobile Cat Claws."

Mobile Cat Claws? Pea Cake still could not make something like that when I left the Eastern Continent! He was able to learn the skill in just a couple of days? thought Ye Ci herself before she responded with a sigh and a truthful answer: "I have no idea about that at all as I've been busy with some quests. I've never been to the guild encampment for a long time. What's going on?"

"Oh, then are you planning to return to the Eastern Continent now?"

"Yes. I am." Ye Ci stifled a yawn. She was not actually physically tired, but she missed her bed dearly after staying online for days.

"Why don't you drop by our guild encampment if you have the time to spare?" Fluttering Red Feather did not make his intentions known, but he was still enthusiastically inviting Ye Ci over to his guild encampment. "We're already a level six guild in Gale City. Come to the city, and I'll lead you to my encampment."

There's definitely something going on. He won't be so desperate in meeting me otherwise.. I wonder what could it be? Ye Ci did not have the answer to the question. Well, I'm going to find out soon enough.. She then teleported into Gale City through the teleporter in a minor city.

Gale City was the capital of the Southern Continent, much like the Eastern Continent's Champion City, the Western Continent's Light Saint City, and the Northern Continent's Warrior City. This was a huge map that could hold tens of thousands of players, but the player capacity of the map would be drastically reduced if war broke out.

It had been a full year since the launch of Fate and many of the guilds were still focusing on expanding themselves. Some, however, were already strong enough to stand out among the others. Of course, this did not necessarily mean that they would stay ahead forever. When Ye Ci arrived in Gale City, the first thing she saw was not Black Plum Family's level 6 encampment, but the lvl7 guild encampment of Isle of Heroes'. This somewhat surprised Ye Ci.

If Ye Ci remembered correctly, she was able to acquaint herself with Fluttering Red Feather because of the guild Isle of Heroes. She knew that the Black Plum Family and Isle of Heroes were rivals, but she did not expect the relationship between the two guilds to deteriorate to the point where they became sworn enemies.. Why would they set up their guild encampment directly in front of each other? Just how bad can things go between these two?