Chapter 227

Chapter 227 Bon Voyage (Part 1)

The effect of the Cloudy Grass was miraculous. Ha'er who was at the brink of death was immediately revitalized.

He began cursing at the Lesser Demons as he pranced back and forth in front of Ye Ci. It was apparent that the Dwarf has been here for years, and he was not fond of the cave's natives.

"These damned Lesser Demons! These low lives! I hate them!" shouted Ha'er as he waved his hands around. Faint shimmer trailed behind the Dwarf's pickaxe as it sailed across the air. It was obvious that the pickaxe was a high level item. As Ye Ci was not a miner, she held no interest towards the pickaxe.

"My dear Elven friend, my map was snatched away from me by those damned Lesser Demons. Can you get it back for me?"

As expected, here comes the quest.

"Of course I can." Ye Ci stood up. This quest was exactly what she has been waiting for.

"Then hurry up! Those bastards might mistake my map as food and eat it!" Ha'er waved his pickaxe in anger.

"Understood."

"They went into the abandoned mine in the north. Be careful. They might be dumb, but those Lesser Demons are pretty strong." said Ha'er as he handed a package to Ye Ci, "I've been here for years. I know what their favorite food is. I hope this helps."

Ye Ci inspected the package, and found 20 pieces of dried wolf meat. The meat was laced with poison that was intended for the Lesser Demons.

"Thank you. I shall return with good news." said Ye Ci as she stored the package into her inventory. She then summoned Ol' Four and headed straight to the abandoned mines.

Ha'er, who was left behind, could only offer a silent prayer, "Oh, Great Ancestors, please watch over my friend."

The Lesser Demons in the plains were considerable weaker than the ones on the Black Wind Mountain. Despite that, their magical damage was a nuisance for Ye Ci, who was a Huntress with very low Magical Resistance. If she attracted the aggro of too many of those Lesser Demons, she would be torn to shreds.

The Lesser Demon population were scattered along the way, but when Ye Ci finally arrived at the abandoned mine, she was shocked to find a huge concentration of Lesser Demons at the shaft of the mine.

It would be a waste of time for Ye Ci to kite them one by one. In a situation like this, employing high damage AOE skills like Rain of Arrows and Multi Arrows are her best option.

A sea of damage values floated up from the shaft as the Lesser Demons let out painful screeches. They began charging at Ye Ci, who summoned Ol' Four and directed it at the Lesser Demons that were closest to her. She then began to lead the Lesser Demons out of the shaft, and began running at the flat plains with an "S" shaped maneuver. Despite their level, the Lesser Demons did not possess a high level of intelligence. They were led on by Ye Ci as she began picking them off.

There was a certain risk for Ye Ci as she performed such a maneuver. As she turned in a round curve, she could easily be caught up by the melee-type Lesser Demons. However, such maneuver would allow Ye Ci to dodge the ranged attacks that were going her way. The lower leveled monsters in Fate could only launch fire-and-forget spells, which travel at a straight trajectory, at their opponent. Such attacks lack the capability of homing onto a target. As long as Ye Ci was careful, she could easily avoid all the spells.

This was why Ye Ci was confident in her ability to slowly kite the horde of Lesser Demons.

If the Lesser Demons had higher levels, Ye Ci would be forced to employ a different approach. With things as they were, as long as Ye Ci was able to control her tempo as she kited the huge mob of Lesser Demons, she would be able to avoid damage.