Chapter 297 & 298

Chapter 297 Reaction (Part 1)

Ye Ci was quick to log back into the game after her meal, into her dark prison cell. She was the only one in the cell. He's not here? I guess he went offline to eat as well. Ye Ci snorted. Wait, what does it have to do with me!

With nothing else to do, she began browsing through the latest game related news released by Fate officials, and started planning her itinerary for when she was eventually released from jail. She then logged into the forums, and immediately saw the most popular thread on the site <>

She was never a person who would delve in gossip. Most of her time spent on the forums was spent looking at discussions about the mechanics of the game. But due to the popularity of the post, even Ye Ci could not resist the urge to click open the thread that was posted a mere two hours ago.

Ye Ci would come to regret that decision for a long time to come. She had even thought of chopping off the hand that clicked the post open. A delusion had formed in her mind: Things would've been better if I did not see that post!

Of course, she could not rewind time. There was nothing she could do to change reality.

She saw the pictures, and the comments left by the many players visiting the forums. Oh how she wished that she could bury herself into a crack on the ground and never leave the spot for the rest of her life. Why?! Why did I not notice that guy! Why did I not stop Fleeting Time from doing that!?

A million "why" swirled in Ye Ci's mind as she read through the thread. There's no way I can face anyone anymore at this point! Those pictures! That thread! How am I supposed to carry on my life in the game? Bai Mo will definitely learn about this very soon, and so will the people back in the guild! And my parents... Ye Ci had a strong urge to smash her head against the wall, I shouldn't have reincarnated!

This was the first time Ye Ci hated her reincarnation. She had always been thankful for the second chance, and the chance to cherish what she had lost. But her heart was filled with regret at that very moment. I should've just died from the fall! It's better than to suffer from an embarrassment like this!

Ye Ci could no longer bring herself to look through the rest of the pictures.

No! It's not me! I'm Gongzi You, the strongest player of the Eastern Continent! There's no way I'll do something like this! I'm not the one in those pictures!!

She turned off the forum page, and found Fleeting Time staring at her. A tidal wave of emotion came crashing down in her heart as she stood up, walked up to Fleeting Time, raised her hand, and slapped him across the face.

--

Fleeting Time glanced at the clock as he logged out from the game. It was 6am, dawn was just breaking in America.

Sunlight crept into Fleeting Time's room and enveloped him in a blanket of warmth. His eyes were stung by the sunlight as he stared out of the window, and it forced him to crawl out from his gaming cabin into his bathroom but not before turning on his computer.

He turned on the shower and tested the temperature. He filled his bathtub with lukewarm water before heading into the kitchen and poured himself a cup of milk. He then made two pieces of toast before finally heading into his study and sat in front of his computer with his breakfast.

Fleeting Time logged into Genesis's forum on his administrator's account, and found Axia Mist's alt account with ease. Heh, you little spy, a smile appeared on his lips as he stared at the account, do you think you can keep your presence hidden after removing your main account simply by not coming online? Absalom and Silent Hymn might be fooled, but me? I knew it was you from the start. Despite knowing the truth, Fleeting Time did not remove the account. He knew that the boy would sneak around in the forum from time to time.