Chapter 240

Chapter 240 Hidden Mechanism

Sour Apple could see White Fairytale's face morphing from a mask of sadness into an expression of joy and excitement, and then into disappointment, and finally despair in the span of a minute. Her expression was just like a flower that bloomed and then slowly wilted away.

"Was that Fleeting Time?" asked Sour Apple.

She received no reply from White Fairytale who stood silently with tears streaming down her the fair skin of her cheeks.

Sour Apple then saw Fleeting Time's message in the World Channel. She was curious about the reason behind Fleeting Time's sudden decision to initiate a conversation with White Fairytale. Ah, so that's why. One of White Fairytale's suitors knows about Goblin Engineering, and had sold quite a number of Goblin Workbenches to Genesis at a very low price. It's a shame that White Fairytale was not even interested in him.

Fleeting Time must've known about the Goblin Engineering player! That's why he contacted White Fairytale for answers because he can't find anybody else who is a Goblin Engineer. But for some reasons, Fleeting Time did not obtain the answer he wanted from White Fairytale, and ended up hurting her feelings. thought Sour Apple to herself.

"Fairytale, it's quite late now. Let's just go to sleep." Sour Apple sighed. Love must be the most illogical and most complicated thing in this world.

"Why is he doing this to me?" White Fairytale's felt as if Fleeting Time was pouring salt over the already gaping would in her heart. She was forced to acknowledge a truth that she had been ignoring for a very long time. Sadness welled in her heart and the dam that was holding her tears back broke, "I've always treated him well! He don't have to treat me like this even if he don't like me! Why must he hurt me like this?"

Sour Apple was lost for words.

What is love? It is something that some live for, and some would even die for.

Time passes quickly. Countless amount of time could pass in the blink of an eye.

Ye Ci sat by a bonfire in the depths of the Goblin Palace, slowly roasting chunks of meat over the warm fire. Ol' Four drooled at the sight of the meat, and was wagging its tail at Ye Ci. As she looked up, Ye Ci could no longer see the roof of the Goblin Palace.

She did not know how long she had spent in the palace with Fleeting Time. Her surroundings were dark with the only source of light coming from the torches that lined the walls around her.

Even when Ye Ci had never completed an Epic-tier quest in her last life, she had read accounts of players who were fortunate enough to encounter such quests on the forums. Every Epic-tier quest was unique on its own way, putting different qualities and aspects of players to the test. Some Epic-tier quest could only be completed through teamwork, while some required players to have good mechanical skills, or high level of intelligence. There were also quests that would stretch the patience of players to their limits.

Ye Ci took in a deep breath and patted Ol' Four on the head before tossing a chunk of roasted meat at her pet. Ol' Four immediately let out a happy yelp as it began wolfing down its food. Ye Ci was envious as she studied her Ol' Four. The life of a Hunter's pet is actually pretty good. It's so carefree and free of worries.

A set of steady footsteps rang in the darkness, heading slowly towards Ye Ci. "We still have a long way to go. You should eat something." said Ye Ci without even turning to face the source of the sound.

Fleeting Time took a seat beside Ye Ci, with Little Five settling down not far away from its master. The man threw a chunk of roasted meat at his pet before stuffing a piece of meat into his mouth, "Yup. I've lost count of how many floors we've been to. Even travelling down the stairs is pretty time consuming."