Chapter 232

Chapter 232 Ambition

F*ck! Just what the heck is this weather?

Ye Ci inched closer to the fallen tree in an attempt to find cover from the rain.

The rain was bad news for Ye Ci. She had been expecting rain ever since the dark clouds, flashes of lightning and the rumbling of thunder appeared. She waited and waited for the rain to fall, and it did at the worst possible moment. The rain fell just as she was exhausted and was about to consume some food to restore her Stamina.

Even when the rain would not affect a high level Hunter, it would still cause discomfort to Ye Ci. Her vision would also be affected by the rain splashing on her face.

The Western Continent players had long since vacated the Bloody Wilderness due to the rain. Unlike the players, monsters were not affected by the weather, and this was a disadvantage that the players would want to avoid.

Silence enveloped the Bloody Wilderness. The only source of noise was the gurgling of rain and the occasional rumbling thunder.

Ye Ci wiped the water away from her face. She was depressed. F*ck this! Why does it have to rain at a time like this? Her bread was soaked due to the rain, and she was forced to consumed the last of her roasted chicken as an alternative.

She was able to recover her Stamina, but she was also drenched from head to toe by the rain. Her rain-slickened silvery hair was clinging to her throat, and her entire body was dripping with water. She looked no different from a drowned rat.

Players would not catch a cold in Fate, but the weather could still affect their Stamina. Ye Ci was almost out of food, and her Stamina would be drained away with her continuous exposure to the rain. After a brief moment of hesitation, Ye Ci decided to search for a new hiding spot.

After all, the Bloody Wilderness is a big place. There was no way she would be detected by hostile players as most of the players had either left the map or were already seeking shelter.

Ye Ci wasted no time in entering stealth as she made her way to the opening of a cave. It was an area that she had scouted out before stopping for a meal. The place was well-hidden, and was devoid of players and monsters alike. It was the best hiding spot she had in mind.

Before she could make her few final steps to safety, her long pointed ears twitched, and she dodged out of reflex. And object then whistled past her ears.

It was an arrow.

As a Huntress, she was very sensitive to the sounds of arrows. Despite the heavy rain, Ye Ci was able to hear the incoming arrow. With a quick motion, she was able to avoid the arrow as it flew past her throat harmlessly.

The arrow buried itself onto the ground not far from her. The feathers at the base of the arrow was still quivering with the force of the impact. Ye Ci shifted her gaze to the direction where the arrow was fired, and saw a silhouette with a bow in his hands.

She narrowed her eyes. That person was someone that she would recognize even when he was turned into ash.

Fleeting Time immediately headed to the Bloody Wilderness from Light Saint City for the sake of confirming his suspicions. If that person was really Gongzi You... For her to travel to the hinterlands of the Western Continent all the way from the Eastern Continent... Whatever she's up to, it must be very important.

He was very certain with his assumption. It must be something that could benefit Gongzi You greatly. It might even be an Epic-tier quest! mused Fleeting Time, there's no way she'd come here if it's not for an Epic-tier quest.