Chapter 215 (Part 1 & 2)

Chapter 215 Everything Happened Too Fast (Part 1)

Bai Mo stopped dead in his tracks, and Ye Ci stopped as well.

They stood their ground, silently observing the mob of people that has surrounded them.

"It seems that we're in trouble." a smile formed on Bai Mo's lips despite his cold expression. He looked at Ye Ci, trying his best to appear calm, hoping that he could calm her nerves. Many would mistake Ye Ci as a tough girl due to her exploits in the game. However, there was something Bai Mo would never forget.

Ye Ci was a little girl. In game and in real life.

If Ye Ci could be said to be tough as nails in the game, she was just a normal girl in real life.

In a situation that was full of danger with unknown circumstances, Bai Mo's first thought was to create a chance for Ye Ci to escape, "I'll distract them, I want you to seize the opportunity and escape."

Ye Ci was standing beside Bai Mo and staring at the youngsters advancing upon them, as if she did not even hear his words. Her mind wandered back to the distant past that was her previous life. At that time, she had incurred the wrath of a powerful individual, who investigated her real life identity. She ran into the same situation on her way home one night. How did I survive through that back then?

She took in a deep breath, trying her hardest to remember. However, no matter how hard she tried, Ye Ci could not remember what transpired that night. The only thing she knew was that she was trashed within an inch of her life, and was sent to the hospital by a passerby. To think about it, the incident must be the cause of her ruthlessness in game.

Since then, Ye Ci deeply believed that if she did not crush her enemies thoroughly, they would rise up again and cause trouble for her. Because of that, she was crowned as the most cold-blooded top-tier player in Fate.

But... What about now?

Ye Ci had no time for such thoughts, as the youngsters were closing in on her and Bai Mo.

"Little Ci." Bai Mo nudged Ye Ci when he received no response from her, trying to gain her attention. The events that happened next came as a shock to Bai Mo.

No sooner said than done.

The moment Bai Mo gave Ye Ci a nudge, the youngster who was walking at the front swung a baseball bat at Ye Ci's face.

"Hehe... This lass is scared shitless..." said the youngster as he took his swing. However, the baseball bat did not hit its mark, while the youngster felt a sudden impact on his neck before he could finish his sentence. The youngster's mind was blank as he flew backwards as a result of the force.

Bai Mo had already extended his arm in front of Ye Ci as an attempt to protect her and extended his arm to grab hold of Ye Ci. He wanted to pull her away and run to safety. However, Bai Mo caught nothing but air. He could not believe his eyes. He could not believe the events that just happened in front of him. Ye Ci, who was originally beside him dashed forward when he attempted to shield her from the blow.

Her movements were agile, but it was still not the source of Bai Mo's astonishment. What happened next was something that Bai Mo would never expect. Ye Ci lifted her leg, and landed a solid kick on the youngster's throat.

Ye Ci executed her kick in a very smoothly. Judging from her stance and the force of her kick, it was apparent that she had some experience with mixed martial arts. The youngster who was still talking aloud moments ago landed on the ground, with his eyes rolling into their sockets. The baseball bat on his hands fell onto ground with a loud "clunk!".