Chapter 229

Chapter 229 Orthus (Part 1)

With the Black Iron Dwarves busy exploring the Mithril ore vein, Ye Ci seized the opportunity to continue her Epic-tier quest.

She brought a return message from the Doran Thieves Guild to Dark Clay City. Just like her previous visit, Ye Ci was received by the Mayor instead of the lord of the city.

"Well done, Elf. You've completed your mission," said the Mayor after reading the letter. He then lifted his head and narrowed his eyes. A smile that sent chills down Ye Ci's spine formed on the Mayor's lips. "I'll inform Lord Moore about your exploits. I'm sure he'll be happy to receive the news. As you know, Lord Moore's health is in decline, but he is still busying himself with a lot of different tasks. As his subordinate, I'm extremely worried. Can you do me another favor?"

Ye Ci knew that the third stage of the quest had officially begun. She did not know how long it would take her to complete the quest, but with so much time and energy already invested, there was no way she could back down.

"Of course, it will be my honor." Ye Ci bowed at the Mayor while internally laughing at her own hypocrisy. She was forced to take on the task! What sort of honor was she talking about?

"This will be a long journey. Are you sure that you're up for the task?" The mayor of Dark Clay City was satisfied with Ye Ci's answer. However, for reasons unknown, he asked for confirmation from Ye Ci once again.

"As long as my efforts are able to help Lord Moore out, I'll do my best." Ye Ci nodded.

"Alright then. This will be a long journey. You might be away from home for a very long time. I hope you won't get homesick." The mayor nodded. From his expression, however, Ye Ci could tell that the mayor was not at all concerned. "Head to Tempest Ravine and blow this whistle by the broken iron bridge at 12 am. Someone will meet up with you. He'll tell you what to do next."

The mayor then handed an old whistle made out of bone to Ye Ci. One could tell from the dull surface of the whistle that it worn out from a long time of usage. "May the Gods be with you. Lord Moore will be awaiting your return," said the mayor.

Ye Ci furrowed her brows as she received the whistle from the mayor. If she was not mistaken, Tempest Ravine was a map that connected the Southern Continent and the Western Continent. The map itself was divided in half by a huge ravine into separate territories belonging to the Southern Continent and the Western Continent.

Don't tell me that... He's sending me into the Western Continent...

It was exactly as Ye Ci had expected. After logging off from the game, Ye Ci did a quick search on Fate's official website about the Tempest Ravine and found an object connecting the South and West territories at the narrowest point of the ravine.

It seems that I'll be gone for quite a long time then.

Ye Ci then proceeded to inform the officers of Upwards Ho! that she would be away from the Eastern Continent. Although Bai Mo was in his own hometown, he would still log into the game at night. After leaving him a message, some gold coins for her parents, and restocking her arrows, Ye Ci headed to the Southern Continent.

Due to the nature of her business, Ye Ci did not inform Fluttering Red Feather of the Southern Continent of her trip to his home continent. She headed straight for her destination: Tempest Ravine.

The Tempest Ravine was a long and narrow map divided into two parts by a deep ravine into Tempest Ravine (a) which belonged to the Southern Continent, and Tempest Ravine (b) that was under control of the Western Continent.

Before the Jiama Continent was split into four smaller continents, there was a metal bridge that connected both sides of the ravine. However, NPCs from both sides took the bridge apart after their continent was split apart, and built fortifications to keep each other out.