Chapter 247

Chapter 247 We Shall Meet Again

"What is it?" asked Ye Ci as she noticed Fleeting Time furrowing his eyebrows as he stared at her.

"I told Absalom to get you a Hawkeye skillbook, but he can't make his way here just yet because Saint Light City was hit by a massive earthquake. His wife will be delivering the skillbook in his stead. Do you mind if she sees you?" Fleeting Time decided to be straightforward with Ye Ci.

Since Absalom's is sending his wife here, she will definitely be briefed about my presence. But from what Fleeting Time said, he seems to be worried about something. muttered Ye Ci to herself. She had no means of confirming her suspicions, but she knew that Fleeting Time's worry had something to do with her. "I'm able to complete my quest because of Absalom. I don't think it's appropriate for me to receive more gifts from him."

"We've found the ore vein." said Fleeting Time.

The surprise was clear in Ye Ci's eyes as she responded, "Congratulations."

"But the Black Iron Dwarves are still exploring the area around the veins."

"It'll take quite some time. I suggest you guys to be on your guard. A lot of unexpected things might happen, especially after the earthquake." even if the Western Continent was an enemy of the Eastern Continent, Ye Ci held true to her belief that there was no perpetual enemies, but interests are eternal.

Fleeting Time nodded, "I'll get her to deliver the book then."

A confused Ye Ci raised her eyebrows.

"The value of a Mithril ore vein is far greater than your expenses in the Western Continent and the Hawkeye skillbook. Besides, there's no guarantee that this thing will drop in the Eastern Continent." Fleeting Time narrowed his eyes.

"Why? You're not afraid of me getting stronger?" Ye Ci was amused by Fleeting Time who was acting like a salesman trying to market his product.

A smile appeared on Fleeting Time's face. It was the pride of the strong. He crossed his arms and said arrogantly, "Wouldn't I be bored if you don't become stronger?"

Ye Ci's eyebrows were raised even higher, "If you think so highly about yourself, then declining this gift will only give the impression that I'm afraid of you." an arrogant smirk appeared on Ye Ci's lips, "Alright then, bring it on. This is really nothing compared to that Mithril ore vein."

Fleeting Time immediately provided Sour Apple with his coordinates once he received the confirmation from Ye Ci. A quick comparison of the coordinates revealed to Sour Apple that the duo was actually very near her position. The thought of meeting Gongzi You in person filled her heart with expectation. Just what sort of person the player who known as the best Hunter in the Eastern Continent is?

"Well, what if I'm included as a gift as well?" Fleeting Time could not hold back the urge to make fun of Ye Ci when he laid eyes upon her smile.

Instead of erupting into anger, Ye Ci kept her calm. Despite the overwhelming sense of bewilderment in her heart, Ye Ci's experiences with handling Fleeting Time told her that anger would only encourage the man. She must remain calm no matter the cost.

"What else can you do other than being a burden to me?" Ye Ci narrowed her eyes at Fleeting Time, "Gongzi You doesn't welcome trash."

Fleeting Time was surprised by Ye Ci's words. He did not expect Gongzi You to be so interesting when she had such a sharp tongue. "Little Gongzi, you're a very interesting person." Fleeting Time let out a hearty laugh.

Sour Apple spotted the duo from quite a distance away.

Fleeting Time's laughter came as a surprise to Sour Apple. She had never heard him laugh in such a way as long as she could remember. He was always so calculative, and the smile that appeared on his face was always the cunning smile of a fox. He had never behaved in such a way even when he was with Absalom. Sour Apple had even had the illusion that Fleeting Time was someone who knew no joy. This was shattered when she saw Fleeting Time's unrestrained smile.