Chapter 245

Chapter 245 Quest Completed

"I got it!" Ye Ci immediately pushed Llaesnyffan at Ciel when she snatched the Scepter of Life from the air. She the rolled to her left and bounded off the platform like an arrow.

"The ground is completely ruined. Be careful where you land, or you might actually die." the platform was 30 yards above the ground. A character without a high level of Agility and Balance would never survive such a fall. However, character classes like the Hunter, Rogue, and Ranger with high Agility and Balance could easily survive if they chose their landing spot well.

Ye Ci landed just as Fleeting Time finished his sentence. She skidded off the side of a jagged mound, avoiding the sharp protruding rubble, and began making her way to Fleeting Time.

Her quick movements brought her within range of the Iron Warrior in the blink of an eye, and she immediately unslung her bow and took aim at the giant machine, launching attacks after attacks on the weird patterns engraved on the machine's chest.

Without the power from the Gem of Life, the Iron Warrior proved to be a paper tiger. Its defensive and offensive capabilities were drastically reduced, and the machine itself would even lose health as time passed. This, however, was not much of a good news to the duo.

The palace was at the brink of collapsing. Chunks of the roof rained down into the throne room. A hit from one of these debris would be enough to kill either one of them with a single blow.

The duo was forced to constantly dodge falling debris as they continued their battle with the Iron Warrior. "Where's De'frei? He was well and alive before the fight started. Where did he go?"

With her attention previously focused on Ciel, Ye Ci lost track of De'frei during the battle. Fleeting Time who had been fighting against the Iron Warrior, however, had an answer to her question. "You'll see a Goblin that had already passed out if you pay close attention to the Iron Warrior's head."

Ye Ci stared intently at the Iron Warrior's head, and spotted a crown. It was not a mere decorative ornament, but the cockpit of the machine. De'frei was controlling the Iron Warrior from that spot before he was knocked unconscious by the Iron Warrior's erratic movements when it was powered by the Gem of Life.

"I think the palace will collapse once we defeat the Iron Warrior. How do we get out of here?" this question was a cause of great concern for Ye Ci. She was not willing to lose her life in the Western Continent, especially if she was about to complete the exploration of this dungeon.

"De'frei will regain his consciousness soon enough." replied Fleeting Time calmly.

"How do you know about that?"

"A system timer appeared on my screen when you were on the platform. He's going to wake up in around 10 seconds. I'm pretty sure the devs will not make this place a complete death trap. There must be a way out." replied Fleeting Time calmly as he fought on against the Iron Warrior.

You can say that because you left the game 3 years after it was launched. If you held on for two more years, you would've experience how ridiculously difficult a dungeon could be. thought Ye Ci to herself. She could still remember a dungeon where members of the same party were required to die at least thrice in the dungeon before they could unlock an achievement that would allow them to finally clear the dungeon. Even those who managed to make it to the end of the dungeon during their first few tries were forced to commit suicide. The player begrudgingly dubbed the dungeon as "The Suicide Hotspot" as a result.

Vo'sok was child's play compared to that dungeon.

De'frei stood up on wobbly feet just as Ye Ci was busy reminiscing her past, "By the Gods, where am I? What happened?"