Chapter 269 & 270

Chapter 269 To the Northern Continent! (Part 1)

The sun rose, basking the ruined village and everyone in it in golden light.

No one knew how long the sorrow would linger. Ye Ci stood in the village, feeling nothing but the endless irritability in her heart. She suddenly realized that the Duluo Tribe was truly destroyed.

In a tribe that had lost all its manpower and was left with only the old and frail, they were going to face natural selection whether they like it or not. They would either have to continue living strongly or disappear into the long river of history.

Ye Ci was suddenly overwhelmed by sorrow.

She felt as though she had done something she really shouldn't have.

Although she saved Dalufar, the entire Doluo Tribe might crumble or even vanish because of this incident. This might not be a good thing in the long run. The game has its own rules of survival. Is it really a good thing for me as a player to interfere with an NPC's way of life?

She had no idea, no idea at all.

Just when Ye Ci was lost in her thoughts, she heard the rustling of clothes. She turned her head around, only to see Dalufar had appeared before everyone in black robes.

He seemed to have aged a lot overnight. The tears in his wisdom-filled eyes weren't dried yet. It would seem like the incident earlier had caused him grief.

However, as a chieftain, and the leader of his tribe, he knew that he could not continue drowning in his own emotions. He knew that he must step up and speak to the remaining tribesmen.

The sobs slowly faded upon Dalufar's appearance. Everyone was looking at him in silence. Their faces were still stained by tears, yet their eyes were filled with hope when they saw Dalufar.

Due to the fact that Dalufar was a high-level NPC which owned a god-tier artifact, he was still alive despite a thousand year had passed. However, this wasn't the same for the other NPCs in Doluo Tribe. All of them were mortals, just like humans. The only thing that remained unchanged was their unwavering loyalty toward Dalufar. Of course, Dalufar's wise and just image was a direct contribution to such a fact, and his age was something that aided in this.

Originally, Dalufar's robes were not black. Now that he changed into black robes, Ye Ci could instantly feel his sadness towards the loss of lives.

"My dear friend, thank you for everything you have done for me and the tribe. However, there are now things that only concern our tribe. Would it be alright for you to recuse?" Dalufar looked at Ye Ci and spoke very respectfully. Ye Ci looked at her intimacy level with Dalufar and Doluo Tribe — they were both extremely high by now, especially the latter which had reached the level of "Respected". It was for this reason Dalufar no longer addressed Ye Ci as 'Elf' but 'dear friend' instead.

Ye Ci knew as well she would not be able to help for the rest of the matters even if she wanted to. Hence, it was better for her to avoid this place. So she nodded, left the tribe and made her way toward the beach.

Shortly after that, she found Lia who was basking in the sun on a rock. Ye Ci seethed inwardly at the sight of the lazy mermaid. Why hasn't the sun turned her into a dried fish yet?! All of a sudden, Ye Ci felt that she should have raised a cat. If she did, the cat would be very interested in this fish right now.

"Ohhh look who's here! It's the flat Elf girl!" Lia annoyingly propped her upper body and greeted Ye Ci.

Ye Ci suppressed her urge to beat the shit out of this mermaid and instead merely snorted in response to Lia. When Lia saw that her greetings did not provoke any reaction from Ye Ci, she felt a little curious. She curled her beautiful blue fish tail, propped her chin on her hand and looked at Ye Ci. "Hey Elf, you seem upset." Ye Ci rolled her eyes at Lia. "Unlike you, I don't bask in the sun all day doing nothing." Lia chuckled mischievously. "Do I smell jealousy?" Ye Ci rolled her eyes. Of course she was jealous of this stupid mermaid.