Chapter 208 (Part 1 & 2)

Chapter 208 Happiness is like a Flower

After giving the matter a thought, Ye Ci realized that she has forgotten how she responded to Wandering Cloud's request in her past life. How ironic it is. It seems that the relationship that I once cherished was an insignificant joke. How I wish to forget everything.

Of course, she wouldn't waste her time on something of the past. She was a reincarnator, she would never give Wandering Cloud another chance to take advantage of her, "If you need anything from me, you can always send me a message. There's no need for you to add me as a friend." that was how Ye Ci rejected his request.

Wandering Cloud did not expect Gongzi You to turn him down right away. After all, adding somebody as a friend in the game was something very common. A player would normally not refuse a friend request. This was why Wandering Cloud was momentarily stunned before he could come up with a response, "Alright. I'll get in contact if I need your help."

Wandering Cloud ended his conversation with Ye Ci right there and then. He felt awkward after receiving her response. Continuing the conversation would only make things worse.

Ye Ci was surprised by Wandering Cloud's action. According to her knowledge of Wandering Cloud in her past life, this person was the embodiment of persistence. It was very rare for him to give up after facing a rejection from Ye Ci.

However, with bigger problems to worry about, Ye Ci was quick to shove this incident to the back of her mind. After all, her priority was to increase her prestige with the Doran Thieves Guild so that she could complete her Epic-tier quest, while not affecting her Red Lake City prestige for the sake of continuing her side quests in the city. This dilemma was pushing Ye Ci to her limits.

She tried her best to come up with a solution as she sat fishing at the lake - but no avail. She gave up for the moment, and focused on leveling up her Fishing and Cooking skill instead. Red Lake City was a good fishing spot. Knowing that it would be a waste to fish using a normal fishing rod, Ye Ci activated her Brooch of Deceit and equipped the Purple quality fishing rod she obtained earlier on.

A sudden thought flashed across her mind. Why have I not thought of this? She had always disguised her equipment using the Brooch of Deceit, how could she have forgotten that! The Brooch of Deceit could be used to change her appearance. She would be able to appear as an NPC with the brooch!

She would be able to solve her problem by using the Brooch of Deceit!

Forming a plan in her mind, Ye Ci was eager to try it out.

She headed to the city hall, and found the quest giving NPC. She then accepted the quest to defend Red Lake City from bandits. She was given three choices by the NPC: Killing bandits, capturing bandits, or torturing bandits.

The three quests offer the same amount of Prestige points as a reward. However, to test out the effects of the Brooch of Deceit, Ye Ci chose the bandit slaying quest.

Bandit Slaying: Kill 100 Bandits from the Doran Thieves Guild within 3 hours. The quest was not tough for Ye Ci. With her military rank in Red Lake City, she could lead a squad of 10 NPCs into battle with her. It made her job very simple.

Ye Ci then led ten level 50 NPC soldiers out of the city, heading northwest towards the Silvery Tin Vein. Her action aroused the curiosity of players along the way. Many of them sent messages to Ye Ci, but with her private message channel currently closed to strangers and the speed that she was travelling at, the players could not obtain an answer from her.

After entering the Silvery Tin Vein, Ye Ci activated the Brooch of Deceit, disguising herself as a Red Lake City Guard Captain, and headed straight to the spawn point of the level 40 bandits. She had already scouted out the area. The spawn point was quite a distant away from the bandit's hideout, which meant that the bandit patrols in the area were thin. This area was very secluded, and the likelihood of players appearing nearby was very low.