Chapter 256

Chapter 256 An Absurd Quest (Part 1)

Ye Ci continued crafting the ribs into Bone Arrows in high spirits. The movement of her hands were still clumsy, but she had a very high success rate. She was rewarded a mere 2 mastery points with each arrow crafted, which was a huge contrast to the 300 mastery points that she received when she completed the first arrow.

It seems that inventing new stuff in the game is a good way to earn mastery points. thought Ye Ci to herself, then again, I'm not a Life Player. I doubt I'll be this lucky next time. and she dismissed the idea of leaving things to chance.

With the creation of Bone Arrow, the lack of munitions was no longer Ye Ci's concern. She was merciless as she hunted the monsters on the island, and was able to explore more than half the island within a mere four days. Despite her progress, Ye Ci was not able to trigger any special events during her exploration, nor was she able to find a way off the island.

On this day, Ye Ci was sitting by a campfire, crafting bone arrows with the bones of the beasts that she hunted after a day's worth of exploration. She had become adept at the art of crafting Bone Arrows, and the four minutes she needed to craft and arrow was greatly reduced to a short ten seconds. The wind carried a sound into her ears as her attention was focused on crafting an arrow.

Ye Ci's long, pointed ears pricked up at the sound, and her movements stopped. She immediately stood up and studied her surroundings. She held her eyes shut, trying her best to pick up the source of the sound that had died down. Ye Ci had even thought that it was nothing but her imagination, and was about to give up before the wind once again carried the weird sound into her ears.

This seems to be some sort of musical instrument, and the music is accompanied by a faint singing voice as well. What is going on?

Ye Ci stored her arrows away, and immediately dashed at the source of the sound after putting out the campfire. Speed was something that was essential to the Hunter class, and as Ye Ci streaked through the forest, jumping from one branch to another, the wind that blew past her ears was an out of the world experience.

Yet another set of different sounds entered Ye Ci's ears as she approached the source of the melody. It was the lapping of waves against the shore.

Excitement filled Ye Ci's heart. It seems that I've found my way out.

The trees began to thin out and the beach was soon in sight. Ye Ci jumped down from a tree and surveyed her surroundings while remaining hidden in the tree line. She saw a girl sitting on a large rock facing the sea, cuddling a harp in her embrace. The girl was strumming her harp as she sang with her pleasant voice.

The song was sung in a language not known to Ye Ci even the girl's race remained a mystery to her.

The girl had her back to Ye Ci. Her long, blonde hair flowed over her shoulders, draping over the rock and hiding her back and the lower part of her body from Ye Ci's view. Her arms that were strumming the harp were smooth and slender, and the azure pearl bracelet was a sharp contrast to her skin that is white as jade.

Ye Ci stood silently under the shade of the trees as she listened to the song. Even when the meaning of the lyrics was not known to Ye Ci, the singing was very pleasant to her ears. The song was so nice that Ye Ci could not hold back the urge to walk towards the girl and her feet began moving on their own.

But why am I walking towards her? Ye Ci herself did not have an answer for that question. Her vision was swirling, and the voice was beckoning her to walk closer to the girl.

This isn't right, something is wrong here!

Ye Ci knew that something was wrong, but her body was not under her control. She was getting closer and closer to the rock with each step.