Chapter 241

Chapter 241 Bai Mo

Bai Mo sat in the office of the branch manager of Huaxia Bank's City A branch with a smile on his face. The first two button of his shirt were unfastened, and the necktie that hung loosely on his neck gave him an air of elegance mixed with the temperament of a ruffian.

The branch manager, Shi Changshu, who was in the middle of a meeting, was stunned when he heard of Bai Mo's arrival. He then instructed his secretary to lead Bai Mo to his office, and hastily ended his meeting.

Before he walked into the office, Shi Changshu called out to his secretary, Hu Xiao. The beautiful lady with an amazing body figure had worked under Shi Changshu for many years, and her efficiency at work was as good as her looks.

Hu Xiao walked out of Shi Changshu's office slowly after serving a cup of top grade Tieguanyin tea to Bai Mo and closed the elegant wooden door lightly behind her. She nodded at Shi Changshu who was waving at her and walked up to her boss calmly.

This was one of the reasons Shi Changshu appointed Hu Xiao as his secretary. She was able to remain calm in any situation, which prevented her from making mistakes.

A subordinate who does no mistake might sound like an impossibility for some, but Hu Xiao was indeed such a person.

"Manager, do you need something from me?" Hu Xiao greeted her superior.

Shi Changshu nodded, "Why is he here?" and he furrowed his eyebrows. It was obvious that the man was nervous.

"I'm not sure about that, sir. Mr. Bai said nothing about it." replied Hu Xiao apologetically. With her position as Shi Changshu's secretary, many of the visitors that came looking for Hu Xiao's boss would usually make their intentions known to her. They would seek Hu Xiao's advice about their business, who would then analyze the matter at hand for them and report to Shi Changshu to give him a clear picture of the situation.

With the important role Hu Xiao played in influencing any decision that might be made by Shi Changshu, many of his visitors would try their best to creep up her sleeves. This meant that Shi Changshu would be able to prepare for his meeting with his visitors with the information he gained through Hu Xiao.

However, things were different this time. Bai Mo said nothing when he came looking for Shi Changshu. This was why it came as a cause for concern to the man.

The Bai family... Is not to be trifled with...

Even when Bai Zixuan had no other siblings, and Bai Mo was his only child... Shi Changshu could not afford to cross the Bai family.

The Huaxia Bank was a privately owned bank that started its business not more than eighty years ago, but its wealth could rival even that of the National Bank. The Huaxia Bank was the number one private bank in China, but it once faced an unprecedented financial crisis during its fifth year of operating as a bank.

Just when all hopes were lost, and the bank was ready to sell off its assets, a man signed a contract with the director of Huaxia Bank. It was a permanent contract that would be legally valid as long as Huaxia Bank remained operational. Even if the bank was sold out to another bank in the future, the contract would still be valid.

One could tell from the validity period of this contract alone that it was not signed on equal grounds. The terms that were agreed upon was indeed considered unfair, but no matter how absurd they may be, it still ended up as a legally binding contract. Of course, this was due to the fact that the director had signed another contract with the man to renounce all rights by the bank to ever pursue the legality of such a contract.

Nobody was willing to be treated like an idiot, and the director of the Huaxia Bank back then was no exception. However, the immeasurable wealth possessed by that man came as a strong persuasion. The man promised to deposit all his wealth into the Huaxia Bank, and would not withdraw even a single cent from the bank in the next ten years. It was a huge risk for the man, and his wealth was able to save the Huaxia Bank from the brink of bankruptcy. Then again, if the bank went out of business despite his aid, wouldn't it mean that the man lost everything?