Chapter 285 - 288

Chapter 285 Spotless

Fleeting Time was quick.

Even Ye Ci did not have time to react to his sudden movements. She was still in his warm embrace in one moment, and in the next he was already charging at Spotless Autumn. Ye Ci was stunned. She could even feel the remnant of his warmth and the lingering sensation of his breath against her neck, but Fleeting Time was already on an approaching vector towards Spotless Autumn.

His arrows were even faster. They had already buried themselves into Spotless Autumn's body.

Ye Ci was not the only one who was unable to react to Fleeting Time's swiftness. Spotless Autumn was still greeting Gongzi You, and Fleeting Time was already pouncing on him like a hungry wolf.

An arrow pierced sailed through the air straight at Spotless Autumn's heart. Fortunately for the man, his reflex was still quick enough for him to avoid the hit, and he immediately cast a Magical Barrier. Had the attack connected, he would have lost half his life immediately.

It was a fine day.

And Spotless Autumn was in a good mood as well. He earned a huge profit in the morning by selling a large number of potions to the Black Plum Family. He did not mind who his customers were, as long as they were willing to pay a good price. Even if the three Northern Continent guilds were to purchase potions from him, Spotless Autumn would be happy to oblige as long as the pay up.

He converted a large number of his earnings into real world currency, and immediately transferred them into his bank account. The remainder would be his in-game capital that kept him going. He headed immediately to the Flight Manager once things were sorted out. It was the day when the new patch is introduced into the game.

Spotless Autumn would of course never forget the need to increase his level cap. He had accumulated a large quantity of experience points in preparation to exploring higher level maps while also leveling up his potion-making skills.

With such a goal in mind, Spotless Autumn handed two gold coins to the Flight Manager despite his reluctance to part with his coins, and made his way to Hero City.

After experiencing the not-so-smooth experience of taking off and landing, Spotless Autumn finally arrived at the landing platform of Hero City. He hid his face behind his hood, and began heading to the Job Center.

The weather was good, and so was his mood. This should also mean that his luck might be good as well, but reality was far from that.

Before Spotless Autumn could descend from the platform, someone in the crowd bumped into him, and he took a staggered step forward. He was not angry, as it was something to be expected in a place crowded with people. But his expression darkened when he took the step forward.

F*ck!

Spotless Autumn looked at the ground, and howled with anguish. He had suffered a lot at the hands of Hunters since his run in with Gongzi You. Most of the players who had accepted his bounty were from the Hunter class.

This in itself was okay as he could deal with normal players easily. But tragedy struck on the second day of his 3-months bounty when he discovered that a top-tier Hunter had accepted his bounty.

It was of course Fleeting Time of the Western Continent.

Spotless Autumn almost broke into tears when he learned of the news. Goddamn it! Why did he have to accept the bounty! A Sorcerer, in a conventional sense, had a 1:1 odd of winning in combat against a Hunter. But after the time he spent with Gongzi You, Spotless Autumn no longer had the wish to fight a Hunter. He did not enjoy the "gift" he received from the system at all.