Chapter 233

Chapter 233 A Deal

Fleeting Time was never someone who would play by the rules, and Absalom was already used to such a fact after their many years of friendship. Even that, it did not necessarily mean that Absalom knew what Fleeting Time was up to. Unlike Fleeting Time who was overly carefree, Absalom preferred to follow a prescribed routine. If they were not best friends who know each other well, Absalom would definitely have been driven mad by Fleeting Time.

"I'm in a 100-player Elite difficulty dungeon right now! Just what the heck are you up two? How can you expect me to go to a random set of coordinates just like that? I'm the one in command!" Absalom refused to follow the instruction of Fleeting Time. The party had just entered the dungeon, and he knew that it was raining in the Bloody Wilderness. A Sorcerer like him would definitely suffer from the discomfort of being soaked by the rain if he went to the map.

"Are you the only capable commander in Genesis?" Absalom's justification of his decision was not even an excuse to Fleeting Time.

"No! No way! It's raining over there! I'm not going!" Absalom shook his head.

"Are you not curious at all about this sudden request?" Absalom had a fatal weakness: His curiosity. He was able to hide it well from outsiders, but it was a fact that was known by the people who were close to him. A person with a strong sense of curiosity could easily be lured, which was why Absalom easily fell for Fleeting Time's trick.

Absalom's curiosity that was originally well hidden was amplified by Fleeting Time, "Will you tell me even if I don't go there?" asked Absalom despite knowing that it was very unlikely that he would receive and answer from Fleeting Time.

Fleeting Time's reaction was something that Absalom did not expect. He answered Absalom's question without beating around the bush.

"Somebody wants to see you."

"Who is that?"

"Gongzi You."

There were times when Absalom was afraid of Fleeting Time. He was a person who could shock someone to death with words alone, and had never taken a person's capacity to cope with his words into consideration when he spoke. That was how he rejected the advances from White Fairytale. He had never thought that his words might be hurtful to the girl. The same thing could be said when he delivered the shocking news about Gongzi You to Absalom.

Absalom almost choked when he heard the name, "Who?"

"Gongzi You." repeated Fleeting Time. He was in a good mood at that moment.

"You mean the Gongzi You of the Eastern Continent? The Gongzi You who you're always teasing? The Gongzi You who killed a lot our guys during our invasion of the Eastern Continent?" Absalom was alarmed.

"Is there any other Gongzi You in the game?" Fleeting Time could imagine Absalom's shocked face. His mental fortitude is so weak! It's just Gongzi You, not the end of the world...

"H-how did she even get here? Is she in the Bloody Wilderness?" despite his surprise, Absalom was the leader of a million-player guild. He was able to quickly readjust his state of mine, "Is she here as a scout? I'll contact the leaders of the other guilds..."

"It's not as complicated as you think. She's just here to see you." Fleeting Time cast a sideway glance at Ye Ci and smiled. His calm voice was a reassurance to Absalom.

"It's not an invasion by the Eastern Continent?"

"Nope."

"Why is she looking for me? You should be the one that she wants to talk to. I'm a married man!" Absalom began cracking a joke after making sure that the Western Continent was safe, "I'm not as hardcore as you. I can't handle queens."