Chapter 234

Chapter 234 Discovery of Vo'sok

Gongzi You's words were reasonable and fair. Absalom was unable to refute her words, but he could not bring himself to fully trust in her. After all, there's no way of knowing what was in her heart. She was a player from the Eastern Continent. Even if she would be an enemy of Golden Era, they would only arrive after a month. Can the words of Gongzi You be trusted? She was caught by Fleeting Time in a position of absolute disadvantage. She might lie to avoid death and the loss of her level and equipment. So... Can I trust in her words?

Absalom voiced out his doubt without hesitation.

"But why should I believe in you?"

Ye Ci raised her eyebrows, "Alright then.. Let's make another deal."

"Oh? You have something else that is of value?" Absalom was momentarily stunned. What else does she have up her sleeve?

"I'll act as a hostage in the Western Continent for seven days. You can send some of your men to keep a close watch on me if you want. I'll then tell you about the location of the Mithril ore vein so that you can complete the initial stages of the quest. If you're able to find the ore vein, then you'll agree to our alliance. If I lied to you, I'm sure it's easy for you to kill me anyways. After all, I'm alone, aren't I?" said Ye Ci as she spread her hands in front of her. She knew that it was an offer that Absalom could not resist.

Absalom would be an idiot to refuse the offer. The wiser course of action was for him to agree to Ye Ci's terms. He had nothing to lose by accepting to offer. Besides, when it came to Mithril, nobody could resist such a temptation.

"Don't tell me that a million-player guild like Genesis could not allocate enough manpower to form a party to complete the quest."

Absalom drew a sharp breath. Gongzi You was on point. There was no need for him to decline her offer. However, he was still slightly annoyed. He had been dancing to the tempo set by Gongzi You since the beginning. Even with the benefit that was offered, Absalom was still depressed. He stole a glance at Fleeting Time, and found that the man was staring at Gongzi You.

He sent a private message to Fleeting Time, "What are you staring at? Why do you even fancy such a cunning girl? Why don't you look for someone who is sweet tempered, loving, and tender as your wife? A person like Gongzi You is not someone you can deal with."

"Heh!" Fleeting Time laughed, "Sweet tempered? I don't think your wife Sour Apple suit that description."

"Hey, hey, hey! This is not about me! I'm giving you an advice as a friend. This girl is really not a suitable wife candidate."

"How would you know?" Fleeting Time paid no heed to Absalom's words. If this guy is a good judge of character, why would he marry Sour Apple? And he wouldn't have gotten bullied by me for 10 years as well.

"You're such a stubborn person. Look at White Fairytale! She's such a kind and gentle girl! She has the qualities of a good wife, and she likes you! She's such a nice girl! Just look at Gongzi You! She's like a tigress that's would eat me whole!" Absalom's heart was filled with grief. Why does such a scary person exist?

"Don't make me hit you."

Absalom rolled his eyes, Fine! He needs to learn some hardship in life! He sighed when he saw the look on Fleeting Time's face as he stared at Gongzi You, and then at the girl's expression. Fleeting Time's going to waste a lot of time on this girl.

"I'm just afraid that you'll elope to the Eastern Continent..." Absalom mumbled to himself before speaking to Ye Ci, "Alright then, I'll agree to your terms. I'll send someone to escort you during your stay in the Western Continent. As for the escort..." Absalom cast a glance at Fleeting Time. Ugh.. There's not much of a choice. It can only be this guy. He had no idea how Fleeting Time would handle Gongzi You, but he was the only person who had the capability of doing so.