Chapter 202 (Part 1 & 2)

Chapter 202 Congratulations (Part 1)

The players in need of mana immediately shouted out loud, as if it was the last chance they would have in their entire lives. However, there were only 8 Rangers, and not all the players were able to receive a Mana Infusion. Some of them could only gulp down mana Potions, and some were forced to wait for their mana to regenerate. At a time like this, the players began to realize the importance of conserving their mana. Their orders were to hit the boss with everything they've got, but they were unable to keep up with their attacks.

In a situation like this, the only solution was to make do with chugging down Mana Potions continuously.

Due to the good teamwork, the party was able to deal enough damage to the boss. They matched Ye Ci's speed, while carefully calculating their mana, to deal the most damage while spending the least amount of mana.

Ye Ci knew that they were in a tight spot, and she knew that if they did not push themselves to their limits, they could easily fail. She pushed away any thoughts of failure. She simply wanted to give her best. Be it in game or in real life, she had to put her best effort into everything. Ye Ci was someone who was even greedier than a gambler.

She ordered to continue the attack even at such a dire moment, asking herself: Why am I doing this? Would Ye Ci make the same choice if she was leading the members of another guild? The answer was no. In her heart, 'Upwards Ho!' was the only guild that would allow her to act on her whims. This was the only guild with members who would trust her unconditionally, and give her their unconditional support. That was why she had the courage to make the gamble. If she was working with any other guild, they would definitely demand a repair fee from her.

It had been 10 years since Ye Ci last entered this dungeon. After a few tries, she was able to remember the correct positioning and speed. The ranged classes suffered some degree of damage at the start, but was later able to avoid any damage.

Despite that, the healers were anxious. They were worried about any sudden ultimate skills that might be released by the boss.

None of the guilds managed to make it past the third stage of the boss battle, which meant that nobody knew what would happen in the fourth stage of the fight. Ye Ci, of course, was an exception. She was no longer travelling in a straight line or in an arc. She began running an "S" shaped pattern. The pathing of such movement skills had to be precise, pushing the ability of her party members to the limit. In Ye Ci's last life, this secret was only discovered after the countless sacrifices made by players.

As long as any party member strayed from this "S" -path, they would be damaged by the boss's Icy Blades and poisoned by her attacks. The path could be said to be a bug that was discovered by players in Ye Ci's past life. Nobody, including members of Tang Dynasty and Wolf Pack, knew about such a method. To prevent suspicions, Ye Ci would often stray from the path so that her members would suffer some damage. This would be able to mask her knowledge of such a strategy while keeping her members alert.

After stumbling their way around, the party suffered some minor casualties. Most of the party members survived, and the healers began healing the players up frantically.

Ye Ci paid close attention to Dani's health, preparing for the boss's ultimates, Icy Blade of Haste and Lethal Poison.

"Do you think that you can defeat me? You're dreaming!" as Dani's health was slowly chipped away, she stopped her attack on Bai Mo and Little Icy Cold Hand. She stood glaring at the rest of the party, and began taunting them.

It's coming.

Ye Ci was waiting for this moment. This moment that spelled disaster for countless guilds trying their best to defeat Dani. The boss would release dozens of low flying Icy Blades in every direction that were almost impossible to dodge. No player, no matter how tough their character was, would be able to survive 3 hits from the Icy Blades. Even if a player had a perfect positioning, he or she would not be able to dodge the Lethal Poison that follows after the Icy Blades.