Chapter 323 & 324

Chapter 232 Golden Era's First Move

The Golden Era guild was living up to their name as locusts of the gaming world. The effects of their presence in the game could already be felt 10 days after the new patch was introduced.

It came in the change in the top 20 to top 50 players on the leaderboards of each continent. Many of the players who had long held their place on the boards were replaced by new names that were previously beyond rank 100. And they were all the vanguards of the Golden Era guild.

The change would have gone unnoticed if it happened to only one or two old players. But dozens of players being replaced on the leaderboard across all four continents within the short span of 10 days was something that simply could not be ignored.

The major guilds have started to feel the peril knocking on their doorsteps. And even Ye Ci who was in the Forest of Mist could sense danger looming ahead. She decided to contact Green Hill's Moon.

As an information broker, Green Hill's Moon saw every other player as a gleaming pile of gold, with Ye Ci, who gave him a helping hand in his most dire hour, the only exception. He was someone who would acquire any sort of information as long as he was paid.

And business was booming for him.

He was so busy that Ye Ci's call went into his voicemail. "Hello, thank you for calling me! If you wish to know something about the Eastern Continent, press 1. If you seek information about the Southern Continent, press 2. If you need information about the Western Continent, press 3. For information about the Northern Continent, Press 4. If you're just here to talk to me, please hang up the call now..."

"You have 10 seconds to return my call, Green Hill's Moon. If you do not do that, I will post what you did in the past to the forum." Ye Ci left a message for the man, and began counting down.

It did not even take 5 seconds for Green Hill's Moon voice to ring out in Ye Ci's ears, "Ahhh! Mercy Gongzi You! Aren't I here now? As long as you have a need for me, I will come to you even if I'm in the middle of a roller coaster ride!"

Ye Ci snorted at his words. Who knows how many people he had repeated the same line to.

"Say, what do you need?" Green Hill's Moon felt awkward when Ye Ci expressed her disbelief, and immediately changed the topic. He knew that Gongzi You did not call him for an idle chat. And he also knew that he was also not someone who Gongzi You would engage in an idle chat. She was here for business, and an important one.

"What's with the leaderboard in all the continents?" Ye Ci went straight to the point.

"You're talking about Golden Era's move?" Green Hill's Moon had already accepted many requests recently, and they were always questions about a player's location, skills, equipment, and strength. The players who were replaced on the leaderboard would also seek information from him.

"Yup." and this was why Green Hill's Moon was someone that Ye Ci enjoyed talking to. He could guess her intentions clearly just by listening to her words.

"You want to know how Golden Era players were able to climb the board so fast in such a short window." Green Hill's Moon knew that Ye Ci was someone highly intelligent, and he knew what information she needed.

"Green Hill's Moon, do you know what I like the most about you?" she smiled.

Green Hill's Moon chuckled in response, "Don't tell anyone that you like me. I don't want to have a bounty placed on my head as well. Admire is a better word."

But his words were ignored by Ye Ci, "You're smart. You always know what I want. It's not tiring talking with you."

"It's my highest honor to receive such praise from Gongzi You." and after a short conversation with Ye Ci, Green Hill's moon proceeded to provide her with the information she sought, "I've received a lot of requests from Golden Era. they were never here alone. They must have a department of sorts for things like this." and he continued after a slight pause, "Oh by the way, I've moved to the Middle Continent. I'll be staying here from now on. You can come find me if you're free."