Chapter 259

Chapter 259 Shaman (Part 1)

Ye Ci did a quick glance at her abilities, and identified a few that were perfect in her situation. A very effective way to deal with a high level opponent was to attack it with skills that damage a target over time. The damage dealt might be low, but such skills were usually not affected by level penalty. Some of the higher damage dealing skills would deal lower amounts of damage due to the level penalty, and some might even miss. It was easy for Ye Ci to kite the level 75 Magma Golems if she was able to restrict their movement speed.

She deployed Frost Traps along the paths that might be taken by the Magma Golems. A Frost Trap was an ability that can slow the movement of an enemy, which was one of the few crowd control skills possessed by the Hunter class. This was why each and every abilities that possessed crowd control effect was valuable to a Hunter. And the perfect usage of such abilities could allow the Hunter class to easily bring down its opponent.

After deploying the traps, Ye Ci cast Empowered Falcon Protection on herself. It was an ability that greatly improved the ranged damage of a Hunter, and was one of the most important skills of the Hunter class. A combo with Empowered Falcon Protection and Empowered Hunter's Mark could easily deal huge amounts of damage to an opponent. Ye Ci then cast her Empowered Hunter's Mark on one of the Magma Golems. The red mark of the ability was especially eye-catching in the cave that was filled with nothing but darkness and the strong scent of sulfur.

With her preparations complete, Ye Ci then launched her pre-selected skills onto the Magma Golem. Serpent Stinger, Bleeding Stinger, and Shadow Arrow were skills with low level requirement and a low cooldown. These skills were able to deal continuous damage over the period of more than 10 seconds, making them the perfect tools against high leveled enemies. Ye Ci then followed up her attack with a level 5 Concussion Arrow that could reduce her opponent's movement speed by 50% for 8 seconds. The effect, however, would immediately be canceled if the target afflicted by the slow was attacked. This was why Ye Ci stopped her attack, and waited patiently for the Magma Golem to step on her Frost Trap.

The Magma Golem was taking a leisurely stroll in its territory, oblivious to the Empowered Hunter's Mark on its head until the first of Ye Ci's many arrows began landing on its body. The paint was barely registered by the Magma Golem, but it was enraged by the sudden attack. It studied its surroundings, and spotted Ye Ci who was standing not far away. The Magma Golem charged at Ye Ci, but was slowed down by the Concussion Arrow.

The damage indicators floating on the Magma Golem's head as it struggled to reach its assailant was a tragic sight.

Players had to be smart in a battle against Magma Golems. They were monsters that were highly resistant to flame damage, rendering Fire Mages useless in battle. Magma Golems, however, were vulnerable to Ice, Holy, or Dark Magic, and were easy pickings for Sorcerers specializing in crowd control. Melee characters would have a hard time dealing with the Magma Golems. They were forced to either learn the skill "Stone Skin", or employ large quantities of anti burn potion. Character classes like Hunters and Rogues would find the Magma Golems formidable as they lack the crowd control of the other classes, and their arrows would be easily damaged or even destroyed by the flowing magma on the Golems.

Magma Golems were commonly sighted in post lvl60 maps. Of course, this did not mean that Magma Golems were the only monsters that had a high spawn rate in high level maps. It simply meant that the spawn rate of monsters with dual elements were significantly increased in these maps.

The Magma Golem that was Ye Ci's opponent was the perfect example. It was made of rocks and magma, which meant that players would have to be very careful to not hit the magma on the Golem's surface or their weapons would be damaged by the high temperature, incurring a high repair cause. An attack on the magma part of a Magma Golem would also have its damage drastically reduced. This was why players were careful to choose the best spots to land their attacks in a fight against Magma Golems. A hit to the neck, waist, or knees would deal huge amounts of damage to a Magma Golem, and might even cause instant death.