Chapter 253

Chapter 253 Moore (Part 1)

Crimson Millions drummed his fingers on the table in a slow rhythm. The sound was soft, but it was like the howling of demons out for blood to Hidden Dragon's ears.

Hidden Dragon sat silently by the table with his breath held as he stared at the fingers of Crimson Millions. The player, with his superior mechanical skills and equipment was an elite of the guild. He was also a man that seemed to be shrouded in mystery. Even if Hidden Dragon knew that Crimson Millions was not Zero Arsenic, they were definitely the same type of people.

The movements of Crimson Millions' fingers topped, "Are you sure that you've met Jasmine at the Lesser Demon Sanctuary when you were level 40?"

"I... I..." even Hidden Dragon himself had forgotten about the details of his encounter with Jasmine. The harsh words of his party members had also planted the seeds of doubt within him, and he began to question his own judgement.

Crimson Millions stared at Hidden Dragon, "I want an objective answer from you, but please be honest with me." and he reminded him of the virtue of staying honest.

Hidden Dragon could feel chills creeping down his spine. He could feel an unprecedented pressure pressing down on his shoulders. He nodded, and continued after taking in a deep breath, "I was level 40 when it happened. I stumbled upon the Lesser Demon Sanctuary but was not able to accept any quest in the map due to my low level. I remember seeing Jasmine at the campsite, but she would only respond to me with a few standard lines like a normal NPC. But when I returned to the Black Wind Mountain a few days ago, Jasmine was no longer there."

He risked stealing a glance at Crimson Millions out of fear that he would anger the man with his unnecessary repetition of something that was already mentioned earlier on.

Crimson Millions remained indifferent. He was still drumming his fingers against the table.

With the lack of reaction from Crimson Millions, Hidden Dragon continued his narration, "I know that NPCs are not limited to only a certain area, so I did not think too much about her disappearance. But I ran into her in another corner of the Lesser Demon Sanctuary later on with two Black Iron Dwarves that I've never seen before! The would never respond to me no matter how hard I try to initiate a conversation with them. I could, however, tell from their actions that they were searching for something. This was why I asked my party along to the place today, but we found nothing out of the ordinary."

The cogs in Crimson Millions' mind were turning as he listened to Hidden Dragon's words. What are the Black Iron Dwarves trying to find? He would never have minded something like this if any other race was involved, but there was an unspoken rule in Fate that the presence of Black Iron Dwarves would signify the existence of valuable ores. Such ores were nothing but materials for equipment at the current stage of the game, but their value would soar in the later stages of the game.

There were also rumors that the Isle of Heroes and the Black Plum Family were planning to seize an abandoned fort. Similar incidents would definitely happen in the near future when guilds from all the continents began contending for the possession of abandoned forts and cities scattered throughout different maps. There would definitely be a need for war machines and siege engines that were required for such a form of warfare. This would see an increase of demands for valuable ores. A far-sighted guild would definitely hold on to their high level ores until the time was right.

Hidden Dragon's discovery meant that the Black Iron Dwarves came across a valuable ore in the area. If Jasmine was a regular NPC, she would not ignore communication from players even when she found the ores. This meant that it was either a BUG, which will be fixed by the developers once the problem is reported. Or... There is also the possibility of a second scenario....