Chapter 252

Chapter 252 A Secret (Part 1)

Ye Ci had already done a thorough work in clearing out the scene before going into hiding. She cleared away all the bottles she brought from the Southern Continent, and left a few barrels of beer that were very commonly seen in the Western Continent, and was sold in almost every NPC owned taverns near the Dwarves. As it is common knowledge that the Dwarves loved drinking, and the presence of barrels of beer in a place with Dwarves around was not at all suspicious as long as the beer did not belong to the Southern Continent.

Hidden Dragon did not expect the three Black Iron Dwarves to be drunken mere moments after his departure. Their behavior, of course, did not arouse his suspicion as many of the races in Fate loved drinking.

The scene that unfolded him still came as a shock to him. He returned with the intention to confirm his hunch about the hidden quest, only to find the three NPCs intoxicated. This was something that Hidden Dragon had never considered.

Ye Ci observed silently from her hiding spot as Hidden Dragon circled the Dwarves. He then knelt on the ground and attempted to rouse the Dwarves from their sleep. After several tries that were met with failures, the man summoned his mount and prepared to leave.

He will definitely be back.

It was something that Ye Ci was very sure of the moment Hidden Dragon appeared in her view. She could not move against him, and could not risk proceeding with the quest as she was certain that he would once again return to the spot. As long as I don't do anything, he'll start doubting himself, and by that time I might've found a way to keep the Mithril ore vein safe.

Then again, it was not possible for Ye Ci to remain in this spot every single day. The only solution available to her was to put someone in charge of the surveillance on the ore vein. But is Timely Rain reliable? Will he betray us once he learns about the Mithril ore vein?

Ye Ci was hesitant. Bai Mo had always been the one who handled guild affairs as she was always away from the guild. He was a better judge of Timely Rain's character than she could ever be. She immediately initiated a voice call with Bai Mo.

At that point in time, Bai Mo had only just finished a meeting with the officers of Upwards Ho!, and was making preparations to lead the elites of the guild out to level up. After all, if more members of Upwards Ho! were able to reach lvl60 before the introduction of the patch, it could give the guild an edge over its competitors when the patch is finally implemented into the game. He immediately sent the coordinates provided by Ye Ci to the officers, assigning party members to each of the officers who were then assigned to a leveling area.

This was when he received the call from Ye Ci.

Bai Mo listened patiently to Ye Ci's words and spoke in a calm voice, "We can trust in Timely Rain."

"Do you know him in real life? If he's just an online friend of yours, there is no way we can trust him."

"Yup." this was something that Bai Mo had forgotten to tell Ye Ci, "We were close friends back in high school. I didn't know who he was until I found out about it in a conversation some time ago. This guy is a trustworthy person. You don't have to worry about it."

"Alright then. I'll leave this to you." trust was something that did not come easy. Despite the repeated reassurance of Bai Mo, Ye Ci was still worried. She took in a deep breath, and decided to trust Timely Rain fully just like how she trusted Bai Mo and Tan Polang.

There were times when we had to earn a person's trust by first trusting in the person.

"Who don't you talk to Timely Rain about this? I think it's better if you can speak to him in person." Bai Mo knew Ye Ci very well. He knew that it was part of her nature to be overly suspicious, and he would not let a chance to fix this shortcoming of hers slip by without trying.