Chapter 219 (Part 1 & 2)

Chapter 219 The Calm Before the Storm (Part 1)

Of course, there was no point worrying about it. The best solution Ye Ci had was try and head back into the dungeon. After making an inventory of all the consumables she had, Ye Ci decided to resupply in Red Lake City before trying to re-enter the dungeon.

However, once she arrived in Red Lake City, it was a long while before Ye Ci could leave. First of all, Ye Nantian's shop was doing badly. Due to their lack of special recipes and their low level, Ye Nantian and Zuo Xiaolan were not able to produce any high quality consumables. Even with the strategic location of their shop, business did not go well.

This situation was a far cry's away from what Ye Nantian and Zuo Xiaolan had expected when they first started their business. After some careful consideration, the couple made the decision to quit the game. They decided to hand the shop back to Ye Ci so that she could rent it out to avoid further losses.

Ye Ci was having a taste of one of the broth sold by Ye Nantian as the words came tumbling out of the couple's mouth.

"Little Ci, we've decided to not continue our business. Why don't you rent this shop out to someone else?"

"Pffffftttt....." perhaps it was the shock of listening to her parents words, or perhaps it was because of the unpalatable taste of the broth, Ye Ci spurted the broth onto the faces of her parents.

"Ah... Sorry! I'm so sorry!" Ye Ci immediately apologized to her parents.

Although such actions will not cause damage to her parents in game, it did made some changes to their appearance. Ye Nantian immediately cleaned the face of his wife with a cloth, and said jokingly "Little Ci, we've already washed our faces this morning."

Ye Ci was embarrassed. After letting out a chuckle, she immediately seized the opportunity to change the topic, "What were you talking about just now?"

"We're saying that we don't want to continue our business in this shop anymore. Why don't you rent it out?" Zuo Xiaolan repeated her statement.

The corners of Ye Ci's mouth twitched. Instead of answering their question, Ye Ci responded with a question of their own, "Why?"

If the question was asked by someone else, Ye Nantian and Zuo Xiaolan would have responded with a load of nonsense to save face. However, the question came from their daughter, who they had no intention of lying to her. "Little Ci, we're a family, so we'll be honest with you." Zuo Xiaolan sighed, and shared a look with Ye Nantian, "This shop is indeed in a good location, and we have had a lot of visitors everyday. Even then, our shop is not doing as well as the other shops nearby, and we don't even know why. We thought that it would be a good idea to close down the business so that you can rent this shop out to someone else. At least you can earn something out of it."

"Rent it to someone else?" Ye Ci smiled, "Mom, although the game is said to 100% realistic, we don't have all the facilities that exist in real life available to us. I can't sublease the shop to somebody else. A function like this does not exist in the game." and she thought to herself, of course, it will be added into the game in the near future.

"T-then what do we do? Do you want us to continue suffering losses from this?" said Zuo Xiaolan, who was a very frugal person, "No way! There's no way I'm going to continue a business that will only cause losses for me!"

"Mom, don't forget that we've signed a contract. You will have to pay a penalty for breaking the terms of the contract." a mother knows her daughter well, and the daughter would also naturally would know the thoughts of her mother. As the daughter of Zuo Xiaolan for two lifetimes, Ye Ci knew what was going on in her mother's mind. She ignored Zuo Xiaolan's objection, and began exerting pressure on her through the contract.