Chapter 293 - 296

Chapter 293 Zuo Xiaolan's Worries

The first three hours of the duo's imprisonment were quite uneventful.

Ye Ci sat meditating in one corner of the cell, trying her best to ignore the presence of Fleeting Time, who sat in another corner. They sat there in silence, until it was time for dinner, and Ye Ci opened her eyes to look at Fleeting Time. She thought of calling out to him before logging out of the game, but decided against it. After all, they were not that familiar with each other yet. There was no such need.

That was why Ye Ci went offline after casting a glance at Fleeting Time.

Fleeting Time opened his eyes once Ye Ci was gone. He looked at the spot of her last location, rubbed his chin, and logged out of the game after some moment of thought.

The fragrance of food assaulted Ye Ci's nostrils as she limped out of her room. The dishes tonight are rather sumptuous. She could feel her stomach rumbling even as she made her way into the dining room.

Bai Mo, who happened to have walked out of the bathroom at that moment stared at Ye Ci with amazement. He flicked the water away from his hands, walked up to Ye Ci, and proceeded to study her up and down, "Heh, did the sun rise in the west today? You're actually punctual today."

Ye Ci narrowed her eyes at Bai Mo, "Didn't you say that you will let me know when it's time for dinner? You didn't seem to be planning to do so!"

"Well, you have to be idling in the game anyways, it doesn't matter if you're late for dinner?" Bai Mo shrugged. He leaned forward and whispered into Ye Ci's ears, "Besides, I have a feeling that you have a lot to say to Fleeting Time. Wouldn't I be making a huge mistake if I get between you two?"

"What are you talking about!" Ye Ci shot Bai Mo a glare.

"What's with the staring contest over there? Come grab your rice and eat." Ye Nantian called out to Ye Ci and Bai Mo when he noticed the duo in the living room.

Bai Mo grabbed at his hair innocently under Ye Ci's glare. He walked into the kitchen, followed by Ye Ci who was surprised by the number of dishes on the table, "Wow! That's a lot of food! Is Polang coming back today?"

"Yup. He had an exam today. I'm sure he'll be arriving soon." said Ye Nantian with a wide smile on his face as he set an extra chair down for Tan Polang. He was happy to have all the members of his family gathered by the dinner table.

The rustling of keys announced Tan Polang's arrival as Ye Ci was having a small talk with Ye Nantian, "I'm back!" shouted the youth.

"Oh, you're back?" Zuo Xiaolan poked her head out from the kitchen, "Go wash your hands, I'm almost done here."

"Alright!" The joy in Tan Polang's voice was an indicator that he did well in the exams.

Tan Polang's results would of course be the focus of the family in their conversation during dinner. Other than his satisfactory performance, what happened to Ye Ci was also inevitably brought up.

"Little Ci, will getting imprisoned in the game affect anything in real life?" Zuo Xiaolan was very worried. They were from a very ordinary family. She was afraid that her daughter's action would result in a lawsuit in real life.

But Ye Nantian spoke up before Ye Ci could respond to the question, "What are you talking about? Why would it affect her in real life in any way? Everything in the game is fake! You should understand it after playing the game for so long. It's just like having to eat in real life after eating in the game! Is the portion of your meal suddenly decreased just because you've eaten in game?"