Chapter 212 (Part 1 & 2)

Chapter 212 Andrei (Part 1)

How can the ring be of use to Ye Ci?

The ring had no real use other than helping her to gain the trust of Andrei. I could not put Fa'tar to sleep, allowing Ye Ci to safely rescue Andrei. It could not stop the patrolling soldiers from spotting her, nor could it allow her to walk into the dungeon to Andrei's rescue.

In short, the ring was far less useful than the Lethal Poison.

However, there was still an upside to it. Ye Ci did not have to end the life of Fa'tar. This meant that Red Lake City could continue to flourish and prosper. Ye Ci felt that she was a noble person. She even thought of the future of Red Lake City in the process of completing her quest. I deserve the Best Citizen Award!

Of course, it was just Ye Ci's fantasy. Her Brooch of Deceit could only be used to disguise herself, and would not work on anybody else. She could not disguise Andrei as a soldier and bring him out of the dungeon. This meant that she could no longer complete the quest. A distressed Ye Ci sat fishing at the bank of the moat not far away from the prison. Although appearing to be fishing, Ye Ci was actually deep in thought. A few of the fishes that she caught even managed to escape.

Just as Ye Ci was at her wit's end, two soldiers walked past h, while having a conversation. One could easily miss their words if one was not paying attention to them.

In Fate, every NPC had their own thoughts, which would affect their decision making, actions and emotions. If a player paid attention, he or she could always notice that every NPCs exhibited a different behavior, and their dialogues are not repetitive.

The attention to details of the game was very impressive.

Ye Ci was originally not interested in having conversations with NPCs. After all, as a reincarnator, she has experienced a lot of such instances in her past life. She was not at all amazed by such a feature. Fate in its later stages was even more realistic than its current state.

However, today was different for Ye Ci. She was extremely agitated, and could not focus on the problem the she was facing. When the two NPC soldiers walked past Ye Ci, she chanced upon their conversation.

"Aiya, I'm so tired! We've been patrolling the streets a lot, but our salary is so low." Soldier A stretched himself, he was very tired.

"I know right! I barely have enough to drink after handing part of my salary to my wife." said Solder B. It was apparent that Lord Sha'gar have not been giving his troops a raise for a long time.

"See? It's good to be single. Even if my salary is little, I can still spend them on drinking and playing cards. I get to spend all the money for myself, unlike you who has a wife and children to take care of." Soldier A chuckled.

"You don't know how good it is to get married." Soldier B shook his head and sighed, "No matter how you look at it though, it's true that we've been earning too little. When can I earn as much as our Chief Warden?"

"Dream on, buddy!" Soldier A chuckled, but he seemed to harbor the same sentiment for Chief Warden Fa'tar as well, "Say, we're all basically doing the same job, but we don't get to rest, eat lousy food, and our pay is shit! The guy Fa'tar on the other hand gets to enjoy lavish meals. Hell, he even gets to have his afternoon naps. He's not even doing anything, but he's earning way more than us! We're all the same, but why are we treated so differently?"

"That's just too unfair." said Soldier B as he pointed at the hot sun, "Look at that goddamn sun. We don't even get to rest, or find somewhere shady to hide away from the sun, but Fa'tar gets to have his afternoon nap! This is really, really unfair!"