Chapter 226

Chapter 226 Flashbang (Part 1)

The Black Iron Dwarf paused to take deep breaths but started coughing so hard that it seemed his lungs were about to be coughed out. Ye Ci could feel her lungs hurting as well just by looking at the Dwarf.

"Oh I can't do this, I need medicine for my illness." The elderly Black Iron Dwarf suddenly opened his bloodshot eyes. He clutched at his chest with one hand while grabbing hold onto Ye Ci with another, "good Elf, quickly to go the nearby Black Wind Mountain and get some Cloudy Grass, otherwise it'll be too late for me."

After saying so, the elderly Dwarf fainted in Ye Ci's arms.

He couldn't have died right...It was only after Ye Ci held a hand under the Dwarf's nose and felt a faint breath that she confirmed he had only fainted. Thus, she placed him in the rock crevice and covered him with some grass before heading out to this Black Wind Mountain to collect some Cloudy Grass.

The Dwarf had so much energy while talking to her earlier, but not only did he not tell her the clue, he even sent her on a collecting quest.

Ye Ci silently complained a bit, then summoned Ol' Four and headed towards Black Wind Mountain.

At this point in the game, the average levels of players were not high, and Home of Lesser Demons was a small, unremarkable regional map of the Eastern Continent, so there were no other players around. Ye Ci rode Ol' Four across the scorching plains of Lesser Demon Sanctuary while occasionally dodging the magic attacks of the nearby Lesser Demons.

Although Ye Ci was a solo player from the moment she entered the game, at times like this she could not help but feel slightly bleak, as if she was forever alone. Continuously repeating the same potentially meaningless activities would make anyone exhausted.

Just as she was about to step onto the Black Wind Mountain map, Ye Ci stopped and bent down to pat Ol' Four's neck and quietly said, "Ol' Four, do you ever feel lonely?"

Ol' Four craned his neck to see the person on his back and let out a strange sound. There was a trace of warmth in those golden eyes as he growled. It did not actually understand what Ye Ci said, but the strong negative emotions it felt from her also affected its mood.

Ol' Four quietly growled, as if comforting Ye Ci.

It was lucky that Ye Ci was not a particularly emotional person. Her melancholy today was partly due to the desolateness of this map. It must be said that Fate did a very good job. With maps like this, if one turned on the background sound, one would not only hear realistic sound effects, but also tear jerking music. In her previous life, Ye Ci did not realize that the background sound could be turned off, so did not take much notice of it.

As Ye Ci raised her level and became more familiar with her skills, she found that the background sound actually had an affect on a player's mood, to the point where it would even affect one's performance. From that point on, Ye Ci never turned on the background sound again.

Ye Ci patted Ol' Four's neck and tossed him a few pieces of high level Roasted Meat. As Ye Ci's level rose, so did Ol' Four's. However, he became increasingly picky about his food; Ol' Four had absolutely no interest in normal food anymore. Even if he ate it, there would be no increase in happiness.

Black Wind Mountain was a small mountain to the north west of Lesser Demon Sanctuary and could not be more different. Not only was the lighting dim and dark, but even the rocks and trees were gloomy. Although the lighting in Home of Lesser Demons was not great either, at least one could still see a fair distance away, completely unlike this place. If a player with low night vision came here, they could lose quite a bit of health just by falling into the holes all over the roads.