Chapter 261

Chapter 261 Forbidden Grounds (Part 1)

"One last question." Dalufar stood up and stared at Ye Ci with a serious expression, and Ye Ci could immediately tell that answering the question was no easy task. "What do you think of Alaunar?"

It was a question that she did not expect. The questions asked by Dalufar were well within her expectations, as they were something that the chieftain of a tribe would ask. As long as she was careful with her answers, Ye Ci would never run into trouble. The final question however, caught Ye Ci completely off guard. Her instincts were screaming at her that this question was the key to bringing Alaunar off the Island with her. She clamped her mouth shut, and stared at Dalufar silently. A smile appeared on her face after a short moment of silence.

"He's an outstanding Shaman." replied Ye Ci.

Dalufar's expression immediately grew cold. He stared at Ye Ci in silence, and any semblance of emotion slowly faded from his face. His gaze was intense, and his thoughts remained unknown. Despite that, Ye Ci remained calm and was able to maintain the smile on her face, as if she was not affected at all by Dalufar's change in demeanor.

Dalufar let out a long breath after a short while, "He... is but a mere warrior."

"Yes. Alaunar can only be a Warrior in the Doluo Tribe." Ye Ci nodded. She had learned the customs of the tribe after her long stay. Alaunar was right. Only the children from the rich and powerful had the right to learn the ways of the Shaman. It was something that a poor child like Alaunar could not achieve despite his talents. This was why Ye Ci had the impression that the Doluo Tribe was a very narrow minded community.

As the most intelligent NPC in the entire Doluo Tribe, Dalufar would naturally understand the meaning behind Ye Ci's words, "You knew everything all along, Elf." he said with a sigh.

"Yes, Mr. Dalufar. I knew all along." Ye Ci made no attempts to deny his statement, "I knew everything."

"Why did you not ask me about it? You're always meeting me alone." Dalufar took his seat once again.

"I would be exposing Alaunar's secret to you by asking something like this. It will destroy his dreams. I can't do that. I can't bring myself to destroy a person's dream, especially when it was so precious to Alaunar." Ye Ci shook her head and replied in the Common Tongue, expecting that Dalufar would understand the meaning behind such a gesture.

"You are a kindhearted and wise person." Dalufar stared at Ye Ci for a long moment before letting out a sigh. A system notification immediately chimed in, and Ye Ci noticed that her reputation with the Doluo Tribe was raised to the level of 'Revered', and her intimacy with Dalufar was increased to 'Intimate'.

This also meant that the stats of Dalufar was finally made available to Ye Ci. She cast Detection on Dalufar, and was shocked by what she saw. Dalufar is a level 240 Legendary Shaman! The NPC was far more formidable than Ye Ci had expected.

The subjugation of such a boss would require a minimum of 3000 players that were at the level of 240.

Looks like the Godly Artifact will remain a legend. Mused Ye Ci as she stared at the staff in Dalufar's hand.

A row of words were written as Dalufar's social status: Leader of the Doluo Tribe.

This was a title given to Dalufar by the system, and was also an indicator that the NPC would never be able to be hired as a mercenary or servant. Ye Ci would not be able to depend on his strength in the future.

"I can see it in your eyes. You wish to take Alaunar with you." Dalufar did not hold back as he pointed out Ye Ci's thoughts.

A sly smile formed on Ye Ci's lips, "Is this one of the questions that you wanted to ask just now, Mr. Dalufar?"