Chapter 279 & 280

Chapter 279 Unlucky! (Part 1)

In terms of their ability to escape, the Rogue class was ranked no.1 in Fate, followed closely by the Ranger class and the Hunter class. The three classes most notoriously known for their lack of ability to escape from a dodgy situation were Sorcerer, Priest, and Cleric.

The contrast was very obvious when a Huntress and a Sorcerer were running for their lives.

Of course, Hunters in Fate had a trick up their collective sleeves that was the envy of other character classes: Feigned Death. A Hunter could simply cast Feigned Death to remove his or her aggro, even in the later stages of the game as the dynamics between players, monsters, and aggro remained the same. The skill was able to get a Hunter out of a dire situation, but if the Hunter was in a party, it would spell disaster for the members of the party.

Spotless Autumn followed close behind Ye Ci as they fled. Even as he continuously gulped down bottle after bottle of Haste Potion, his speed was no match for Ye Ci. He gritted his teeth. Why does the Sorcerer class have to be one of the slowest in the game! I can barely keep up with her!

Of course, Spotless Autumn kept his thoughts to himself. But a sudden thought crossed his mind, "Hey, Gongzi You! Don't you dare use Feigned Death!" he shouted at Gongzi You.

Ye Ci rolled her eyes. It was her plan for the start. But since she was already called out by Spotless Autumn, there was no longer a need to keep up her pretenses, "And what if I do?"

Spotless Autumn was alarmed by her response. He immediately drank yet another bottle of High Haste Potion and caught up with Ye Ci. It was something that he was able to afford as he was a Potion Maker himself. He could feel an intense pain in his heart. Every bottle of potion consumed meant that he was losing gold. And those gold were crucial for him in his process of leveling up his character.

He knew that it was a necessity, as the Sorcerer class was also weak in terms of its survivability. Even a slight graze from the Guardian would be able to take his life, and death was a heavier price to pay compared to the expenditure of his potions and gold. The possibility of him dropping the quest item and his hard earned equipment, as well as the loss of his experience points were just too much of a cost to bear.

Noone would be around to pick his items up for him in a place like this.

Ye Ci grinned at Spotless Autumn, "You have all the aggro, as long as you don't die, I won't have to use that skill."

Spotless Autumn's expression darkened when he noticed the aggro of the Guardian. It was his quest, and he was the one who had stolen the quest item from the altar. It was only natural for the aggro to be focused on him while Ye Ci had only 7% of the Guardian's aggro on her. "Do the developers not know that Sorcerers are very slow? Are they trying to get me killed here?" he exclaimed.

"Shut up! Focus on running away. That Guardian is gaining on us." Ye Ci was an Elf and a Huntress. This meant that she enjoyed a high movement speed. She sprinted through the forest, frequently casting glances towards the large silhouette that was lumbering behind the duo in the mist.

The morning sun shone down on the Sacred Snowy Mountain, basking it in golden sunlight. Visibility was low in the morning mist and the dense forest. Even when the Guardian was a mere 30 yards away from the duo, she could still barely see the monster despite her superior vision.

But due to the vision buff of the Hunter Class, Ye Ci could still make out the faint outline of the Guardian through the mist, "That thing is huge. If we don't run, we'll get squashed."

"Enough! Are you trying to cheer me up or are you trying to scare me!" Spotless Autumn chugged down yet another bottle of Haste Potion.

"I'm merely stating the truth." shrugged Ye Ci, who was easily keeping ahead of Spotless Autumn.