Chapter 217 (Part 1 & 2)

Chapter 217 First Five (Part 1)

Ye Ci stared at Bai Mo, and cast her glance over the rest of the party members. Even when the party members remained silent about Ye Ci's mistakes, she must have been a burden as Bai Mo himself was the one who approached her. "Is it that obvious?" Ye Ci grimaced.

"It's like you're an entirely different person. You've been making mistakes left and right. Even I am worried that you will affect the performance of the party once we begin challenging the final boss." said Bai Mo with a smile. He had always been straightforward when he was talking to Ye Ci.

Ye Ci rubbed her aching temples after listening to Bai Mo's words. "I know it's bad for me to keep this up, but I'm very upset right now." said Ye Ci as she let out a long sigh.

"What happened?" Bai Mo could tell that something was up.

Ye Ci closed her eyes and muttered to herself before finally speaking up, "I had a conversation with Liu Chang just now."

"Liu Chang?" Bai Mo was momentarily stunned. Liu Chang was a person in a precarious position. Despite her fall out with Yi Cang, she maintained some form of friendship with Dong Yin. Getting into contact with her would often mean that one had also gotten into contact with Dong Yin, "Was it about Dong Yin?"

"Not really. She knew that we were beaten up, but was unaware of the circumstances behind the incident. Besides, I've never let her in on the fact that we've moved, and that I had a new number," sighed Ye Ci, "It's not that I don't trust her, and I'm sure that Liu Chang knew who was in the wrong as well. She would never tell Dong Yin anything about us. However, if we maintained close contact with Liu Chang, it might bring trouble for her and her family as well. I don't want to drag even more people into this mess." Ye Ci knew that Bai Mo did not fully trust Liu Chang, even if he treated her with courtesy. Because of what happened before at the stall earlier on, his distrust of Liu Chang grew.

Ye Ci hoped that Bai Mo would not see her as an unwitting accomplice, as Liu Chang was also a victim.

Bai Mo smiled at Ye Ci. He understood the meaning behind her words, "Look at you! You're still trying to cover for you friends even if you're in a mess right now. Don't you feel burdened by all of this?" the smile then disappeared from Bai Mo's face, "I'm sure that Liu Chang did not only speak of petty matters with you. There must be something else. Don't keep any secrets from me."

"I'm not." Ye Ci frowned in response, "It's just that... I'm still not sure about it yet."

"What is it?"

"There's a high possibility that our guesses are correct." Ye Ci could feel her headache intensifying.

"You're saying that Dong Yin was behind all that?" Bai Mo was not surprised to receive such an answer. He and Ye Ci had made their speculations, and they came to the conclusion that Dong Yin was the most plausible culprit behind the incident, but they could not be entirely sure. The same thing could be said about Ye Ci's heist on Steel-Blooded Battle Spear's warehouse. Even though she was the biggest suspect, Thousand Sunsets could not be sure. No evidence was left behind.

Acting rashly without proof would only bring them trouble, especially when the problem would follow them into their real lives.

Bai Mo's eyebrows furrowed when Ye Ci told him about the conversation she had with Liu Chang, "So you suspect that Dong Yin was not the only person involved in this, and that Thousand Sunsets was backing her up?"

"This is the thing that's bothering me the most." Ye Ci sighed, "We're just a newly formed guild in Fate. Even with our First Bloods, we're still a relatively small guild. Steel-Blooded Battle Spear was on an entirely different level. Even if the guild was split into Bloody Steel and Battle Spear, a starving camel is still larger than a horse. Thousand Sunsets had the backing of an entire financial group as well as a number of his wealthy associates. Going up against them with our current strength is like striking a stone with an egg. It'll be even worse for us in real life. We're even living in the same city as Thousand Sunsets. I've severed all ties with Dong Yin, but if she instigated him into taking action, you know that normal people like us can do nothing against them."