Chapter 236

Chapter 236 The Truth

"My power core's almost drained." said Fleeting Time. An indicator on his tank was flashing red, a sign that it was close to running out of power.

Ye Ci stole a glance at the energy indicator of her tank, "I don't have much energy left as well. I have enough for one more shot."

"Launch your attacks on the largest concentration of enemies. We'll take care of the rest of them with our weapons."

"No problem."

As time passed, the duo was able to cultivate their teamwork. They were able to communicate their meaning with simple sentences. As Hunters, they were able to work seamlessly in taking out the monsters as they knew each other's skills and abilities very well.

The tanks finally sputtered to a final halt after the duo cleared away a large groups of monsters. Ye Ci and Fleeting Time then dismounted from their disabled tanks.

Fleeting Time eyed the remaining Undeads and Orcs left in the courtyard. A rough estimation placed their numbers to be nearly 300. "Why don't we have a contest right now? Let's see who gets the most kill in 10 seconds."

Ye Ci raised her eyebrows, it's a nice idea in this boring place, "Sure. Start the timer."

"Alright. Our current position will be the starting point." said Fleeting Time as he surveyed his surroundings. The duo's position was the perfect spot as a starting point.

"Sure." Ye Ci immediately summoned Ol' Four. She was ready to spring into action at Fleeting Time's signal. The man, however, was silent, "What? Is the timer not ready yet?"

"Of course not." Fleeting Time was standing still with a smile on his face, "Little Gongzi, since we're having a contest... There's bound to be a winner and a loser right? So what do you think about the rewards and penalties?"

"Rewards and penalties?" Ye Ci stared at Fleeting Time. Is this asshole up to something again?

"What? Don't you know what 'rewards and penalties' mean?" Fleeting Time inched closer to Ye Ci with a charming smile, "Do you need me to explain it to you?"

"If you win, I'll allow you free entry to the Eastern Continent once. If I win..." Ye Ci appeared to be deep in thought. There's really nothing that I want from him.

"And what if you win?" there was a glint in Fleeting Time's eyes as he leaned closer to Ye Ci.

Ye Ci could feel an unknown feeling deep in her heart as she felt Fleeting Time's warm breath on her face. She raised her hand, and pushed him away, "If I win, I want you to stay away from me." she snorted.

Fleeting Time was not angry when he was pushed away by Ye Ci, "Little Gongzi, I don't like your proposal. Do you want to hear mine?" he said with a smile.

"Get lost!" Ye Ci turned around to face another direction.

"Aiya, Little Gongzi, you're such a killjoy." the corners of Fleeting Time's mouth rose as he stared at Ye Ci, "Why must you spoil the fun? You set up such a boring stake, but refused to my opinion."

Ye Ci's patience was at its limit, "I'll sew your mouth shut if you don't shut up right now!" said Ye Ci as she glared at Fleeting Time.

"Fine, fine. Since you insist, I'll just go along with your suggestion." Despite his defeated look, there was glee in Fleeting Time's eyes.

"You..." Ye Ci glared at him. This asshole.. What the hell is he talking about?

"Begin!" before Ye Ci could explode into rage, Fleeting Time started the timer, and dashed out to his right. Little Five appeared with a loud whoosh! and dove at the enemies.