Chapter 277 & 278

Chapter 277 Some Help Please? (Part 1)

It was a different experience traversing through the forest in the day. Due to the white snow that was reflecting the moon's light, the forest was not completely dark, and Ye Ci was able to travel through the forest with relative ease. But when day came, the sunlight reflected from the layers of ice on the trees were a hindrance to Ye Ci.

But due to the markings she carved, Ye Ci was not lost.

She began marking the terrain displayed in her map on her way back. They would fetch a good price if she sold the map to an NPC, but due to her status as an Eastern Continent player, Ye Ci was not able to enter the capital, Warrior City, even with her Brooch of Deceit.

Due to the lack of presence of monsters in the forest during the day, Ye Ci made the decision to summon Ol' Four, and headed straight for the resting spot she had discovered on the day before. It took Ye Ci six hours to reach the spot.

Ye Ci's campfire had long since been buried by the snow. She would even have missed the spot if it was not for the two wilted trees that served as very visible landmarks.

Ye Ci started a fire, and began grilling some bear meat. Her Stamina was nearly depleted, and hunger was slowly setting in. She immediately logged out of the game during this short window and took the opportunity to clean herself up before logging back into the game in the evening after some much-needed rest.

Bai Mo was the only one at home as Zuo Xiaolan and Ye Nantian were out at the supermarket. Bai Mo, who was eating while laughing like an idiot at a comedy show immediately set his bowl down as Ye Ci limped out of the room, "Take a seat, I'll reheat up the food for you."

Ye Ci slumped herself onto the sofa and began watching the show as well.

And when Bai Mo finally arrived with the food, she spared no courtesy for Bai Mo and immediately started gobbling down her food. The duo then began discussing the recent events in the game as they ate.

"The guild is doing quite well. What about you? How's your quest in the Northern Continent going?"

"I've completed the major one, but there's still an errand I have to run, and I'm not sure if I should do it."

"Why not? You're already in the Northern Continent. Do you want to make a second trip?" Bai Mo was someone who would see everything through, as he did not wish to be tied down in the future by unfinished tasks that were trivial.

"I want to, but it's not as easy as you think."

"And why is that?" Bai Mo stared at Ye Ci, "Wait, don't tell me that you have to go to Warrior City to complete that quest. That's impossible. You can't enter the city."

"No, I have to go somewhere else, but it's crawling with players from their three major guilds right now." Ye Ci shook her head, "There's no way I can make it through the midst of hundreds of thousands of their elites safely."

"Are you talking about Sangharama Shrine, Heavenly Body, and Rain of Blood?" Bai Mo knew the situation of each guild well, even if they were not hailing from the Eastern Continent.

"Yup."

"What are they doing there?"

"They want an abandoned fort," and she continued after a brief moment of thought, "If I have to guess, the level of the monsters in that fort is not that high, probably in the high 80s or at level 90. They wouldn't have made the decision otherwise."

It was something that Bai Mo found himself agreeing upon. The duo continued their conversation about the game before Bai Mo slapped himself on the forehead with a sudden movement, "By the way, there's something that I've forgot to tell you. Ahh, my memory is so bad these days."