Chapter 237

Chapter 237 Liar

"Are you certain that Gongzi You was telling the truth?" that was the first sentence that was uttered by Silent Hymn when he recovered from the shock. Mithril is a valuable strategic resource that had no price in the current stage of the game. But what about the future? Nobody knows. Having control over the Mithril ore vein would mean that Genesis had an absolute advantage in the later stages of the game. Silent Hymn knew that Gongzi You have knowledge about such a fact as well. Since she knew the importance of Mithril... Why did she reveal this secret to Absalom?

"There's no reason for her to lie, but I'm not entirely sure about it either." Absalom voiced out his concern, "Good things don't just randomly fall on somebody's lap. I'm just amazed that it actually happened to me."

"Why did you not question her about it?" Silent Hymn's thoughts were in a disarray. It all felt so unreal to him.

"Is there even a need for that?" Absalom sighed, "She was caught by Fleeting Time. She had to show some good faith to avoid death. Her life depends on the ore vein. And there's something else she said that I believe."

"What is it?"

"Golden Era is coming, and we must be prepared for the storm. Can the eggs remain unbroken when the nest was overturned?" Absalom pursed his lips. It was apparent that he was troubled by the matter.

Silent Hymn gave Absalom's words a long moment of thought. Indeed, under the circumstances, Absalom's decision was the best course of action. Gongzi You would definitely die if she lied to them. Although her death was only a few additional Kill Glory to Genesis, it was a huge lost for Gongzi You herself. She was not an idiot, which was why she would never do such a thing. If she was telling the truth, this meant that Genesis would gain control of a Mithril ore vein, and gained a powerful ally in the Eastern Continent that was also in control of a Mithril ore vein. This would give them an edge against Golden Era in the future.

The only price Genesis would have to pay was 7 days' worth of supplies. They would not be at a loss even if Gongzi You was lying.

"So what do we do now?"

"Gongzi You is definitely here to complete a quest. If that's not the case, there's no way she would willingly subject herself to Fleeting Time's surveillance. We can be sure that there will be no attacks from the Eastern Continent at this time, so there's no need to notify the other guilds about this. Gongzi You's quest is a time sensitive one, and she gave herself 7 days to complete the quest. She gave me the coordinates of the Mithril ore vein, and she told me that the place would remain as a normal mountain range unless we triggered a certain quest. We do not have information about the quest. How do I find the quest within seven days? What should we do if we can't find locate the quest giver before Gongzi You leaves the Western Continent? Unless we know her in real life, there's no way we can get into contact with her after she returns to the Eastern Continent. She'll never allow us to contact her in real life."

Absalom explained his worries to Silent Hymn, who began his own train of thoughts as well. Gongzi You might look like the one who was at the less favorable end of the deal, but things might not be what they appeared to be. The escort they had to send to keep watch on Gongzi You was like a protection for her, and their actions of supplying her with arrows and consumable would solve her problems with resupplying in the Western Continent. There was also the fact that the quest to unlock the Mithril ore vein might be very hard to complete even if she was telling the truth. Silent Hymn was sure that the initial quest to trigger a resource so valuable would never be easy. Gongzi You would only be staying in the Western Continent in a limited timeframe, and there was nothing Genesis could stop her from returning to the Eastern Continent after her quest was completed. If they could not locate the quest giver in time, who would they be able to ask for the location of the quest giver?