Chapter 220 (Part 1 & 2)

Chapter 220 First Battle in the Golan Arena

As expected, the dungeon could be explored multiple times.

Although the exploration limit was unknown to Ye Ci, she spent the next few days clearing the dungeon. She was not a person who would waste a chance to gain profit when an opportunity presented itself. Her life returned to a simple and monotonous cycle once more. She would clear the dungeon every single day, and return to Red Lake City when her consumables were exhausted.

She was just like a normal player. There was nothing but the drive to get more Spirit Emblems in her gaming life. Revenge, conflict, and Golden Age all seemed so distant to her.

When Ye Ci once again return to the special item merchant in the bandit encampment with 50,000 Spirit Emblem, she realized that the developers were no fools. They have already thought of any loopholes that might be exploited by players.

When Ye Ci was ready to redeem the equipment with her Spirit Emblems, she discovered that her idea of getting rich by selling away the equipment was impossible. She could only redeem one of each of the items sold by the rare item merchant. This meant that there was no way she could sell the overpowered equipment for profit.

Although Ye Ci was saddened by such a fact, the developer's way of implementing such a system was not uncalled for. Epic-tier quests were very rare in the game, and rewards offered by such quests were of the best quality. If a greedy player like Ye Ci received the quest, he or she would flood the game's market with huge amounts of overpowered equipment. This will break the balance of the game. No developers would allow such a thing to happen in their game.

After redeeming a Hunter equipment set, a weapon, some jewelry, and a special recipe, Ye Ci had almost no Spirit Emblems left. It seems that redeeming every single item from the special item merchant was no easy task. It would be a long and tedious process.

However, every cloud has a silver lining. With the average player level at level 40, it would take quite some times for them to reach the realm of level 55. This meant that Ye Ci had plenty of time to acquire these items, and to complete the process before Golden Age members began pouring into the game.

Despite the lack of news from Green Hill's Moon, Ye Ci decided against pestering the man for answers. She trusted in Green Hill's Moon abilities to get the job done, which was why she would avoid placing unnecessary pressure on him. The only thing Ye Ci had to do was to prepare for her next move while she waited for an answer from Green Hill's Moon.

After a long session of exploring the dungeon full of level 55 monsters, Ye Ci had finally reached the realm of level 60. It was the highest level she could achieve at the current stage. She could feel the need for better equipment. Her Venomous Scorpion equipment set was good, but her damage output was limited as it was a level 30 equipment set.

Leveling up and grinding for better equipment had always been the main focus of many MMORPGs, and Fate was one of them.

The gameplay of Fate revolved around the equipment of a player. As long as a player was equipped with good quality equipment with a sufficient level of enchantments, gems, and refinement, the player would be able to do well in a dungeon even if he or she might not be able to clear the dungeon solo.

Ye Ci unequipped her Venomous Scorpion set, and equipped the new equipment set that she has redeemed from the special items merchant.

As the equipment set was redeemed from the Doran Thieves Guild, the name of each item was quite generic. The helm that was equipped by Ye Ci was named as "Doran Hunter's Helm", while her armor was called the Doran Body Armor...