Chapter 289 & 290

Chapter 289 Murderer

This is definitely the worst moment for Gongzi You.

And the worst moment for Ye Ci as well.

At least, that was what she thought.

Ye Ci was someone who had always managed to use the rules of the game to get out of danger in her past life and in her current one. She had never made such a careless mistake such as this. She looked at her surroundings. She was in one of the heavily guarded places of the city. Unlike the wisteria garden where combat was allowed, she was in a neutral zone, or in other words, a place where the city lord stationed his watch dogs.

And just like the other major cities of the game, the soldiers in the teleportation area were lvl200 and at times even higher. Players at her current level could never hope to escape if they started a fight.

Ye Ci sighed, her expression darkening. I'm an idiot! Why did I attack him in a place like this?

Wait, no, it's not my fault! He's the one who provoked me! And he did not dodge my attack!

The Map Channel and even the World Channel were in frenzy after Fleeting Time's death.

"Wow! I must've been seeing things! Fleeting Time was killed in the city..."

"You must be! Fleeting Time, of all people?"

"It's true! Come to Hero City, the corpse is still here!"

"Bullshit! Fleeting Time is always hooded! How were you able to see his face?"

"I can vouch for him. I saw Fleeting Time without his hood just now, and someone killed him"

"This can't be real!"

"No way! Impossible! There's no way Fleeting Time can die! Our Fleeting Time is immortal! The person who can kill Fleeting Time is not even born yet!"

"Are you high? Players die! Fleeting Time is better than most of us, but he's still a player."

And the chaos continued.

The incident itself was bizarre. Fleeting Time was a very skillful player. He was not a player who could be killed easily.

Just then, the most important question of the day appeared in the World Channel.

"So who killed Fleeting Time?"

"Yeah, who did that?"

"I saw it! Fleeting Time did not fight back when he was killed!!!"

"If Fleeting Time did not fight back, then it can only be one person..."

Fleeting Time stared at Ye Ci as he laid on the ground. A smile appeared on his face. He had died to Ye Ci twice, and this was not how he did things. He had never lost in a game and in real life since he was young, but it all changed when he met this girl.

He could not help the urge to fulfill her every wish, even if it was his death.

Messages were flooding into Fleeting Time's Private Message channel. White Fairytale alone sent more than 20 messaging requests within a minute. Fleeting Time ended up accepting the voice call from Absalom instead.

"Hey, according to what I saw in the map chat, you died at the teleportation area?" asked Absalom.

"Yup." Fleeting Time made no attempts to deny the truth. He was indeed killed, and it was normal for players to die in a game.

"Was it an ambush?" Absalom frowned at his words. Who killed Fleeting Time in the middle of a bustling city? He's already better than the vast majority of the players, but there's still someone out there capable of killing him?