Chapter 239

Chapter 239 Belief

Despite the trouble they caused, the robots yielded very little rewards for the duo. With the exception of some blueprints with high drop rate, there was nothing of value among the loot drops. Ye Ci and Fleeting Time collected the blueprints, which would then be mailed to the Engineers of their respective guild through Nicky. The Goblin Lookout, however, yielded 2 energy cores.

Ye Ci stared at the energy cores. She was upset that she knew nothing about the uses of the energy cores.

Fleeting Time knelt on the ground, and rummaged through the pile of scrap metals on the ground. He then turned around and spoke to Ye Ci, "This thing seems to be rather intact. Why don't you get over here and see if we can activate it?"

Ye Ci cast a glance at Fleeting Time's direction and saw a robot that was almost intact beside the man. She then stared at the energy cores in her hands, walked up to him, and knelt beside him. The duo began a short discussion about the disabled machine.

"Are you saying that I can place an energy core on it?"

"Yup. It's worth a shot."

"Don't you think that it's too damaged by now? Smoke was coming out from that thing earlier! Will it fall apart..." said Ye Ci as she stared at the fallen robot.

"Who knows. Life is all about taking risks. We have 3 energy cores with us anyways. Why don't we try one out on this thing since we can't find a new machine?" there were times when a male would be more adventurous than a female. What appeared as a necessary risk to Fleeting Time was a waste to ye Ci.

"Alright then." Even if it might be a waste, this is the only solution we have for now. But... thought Ye Ci as she studied the robot intently, "Where do I plug the energy core in?"

"About that..." Fleeting Time scratched his head. He was not an Engineer, which meant that he did not have the answer to Ye Ci's question."

"Forget about it. I'll just as the Engineers in my guild." Ye Ci could tell from Fleeting Time's expression that he knew nothing about a topic like this. She then sent a private message to Pea Cake. She was infuriated by the response that came immediately, "The player is currently in a area with no reception and is not able to receive your message. Please try again later."

F*ck! What do you think is this? China Mobile? What do you mean by 'the player is in an area with no reception'?

Ye Ci sighed and said to Fleeting Time, "My call is restricted by the system. I'm sure that there's a few Engineers in your guild. Can you get in touch with them?"

Fleeting Time nodded, and began contacting the Engineers in his guild.

After the long time spent by the duo in the dungeon, it was already 4am in the morning in real life. Most of the players in Genesis had already logged out of the game, especially those who practice a healthy living habits. The few Engineers that Fleeting Time have managed to contact knew nothing about Goblin Engineering.

"What is it? You can't get hold of anyone?" observed Ye Ci. Even when she could not hear the conversation between Fleeting Time and his guildmates, she could tell that things were not going well by his expression.

"Yup." Fleeting Time was still sifting through the member list of his guild, "It's already 4am in real life. Most of the life players are asleep. The ones that I managed to contact have not learnt Goblin Engineering yet."

Goblin Engineering was one of the branches of Engineering available in Fate. Due to the quest that players were required to complete before they were able to learn Goblin Engineering, it was not something that could be learned by every Engineer. The Goblin Engineering that was available to players at the current stage of the game was nothing compared to the marvels of true Goblin Engineering, but its product was still able to fetch a good price in the market.